• Yes

Votes: 216 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 135 38.5%

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't see anything other than mid-table championship football at best for the forseeable.

That is very likely next season with the competition in this division. We will do well to finish anywhere near the play offs with a new outlook on the team where as had we kept Oscar a couple of new playerd would get us near automatic.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nothing wrong with an opinion if you explain it with valid reasoning!! Not, just don't like the bloke!!

Well to be sure I intensely dislike his character, but beyond that I think he's underachieved given the cost of the Spirs squad, has very little experience at being the number 1, and disappointingly I feel he'd be off like a shot as soon as he gets any interest from elsewhere.

So a big and passionate NO from me.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Not convinced he would be the right man for us.
I don't like the way he publicly slates players off and he comes across a bit like an excitable child sometimes.
Like Blue Valkyrie, I think he would be off the first moment he doesn't get his own way.

Too much like Gus for my liking.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
He has the best record ever of a Spurs boss. It was only over 17 games but has a 59% win rate.

Which is why he is being backed right now for the West Brom job and drifting out to Evens with us. This effectively means there is no shoo in immediate replacement

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
No, not at all. A complete loose canon, and doesn't seem very bright to me. Expect a dressing room fall-out within weeks. If we got him, I don't see anything other than mid-table championship football at best for the forseeable.

Would take that .

Mid table is flirting with the play offs

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not overly impressed with his performance at Spurs, but learning and has done an excellent job of bringing through youngsters for Spurs in his first season as a Manager. He will improve and learn as he goes along and that coupled with the lower standard he will be operating at means that he could be a good fit. We are not going to get the finished article and he would be no more of a risk than Garcia was...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I would have been, right up until I chatted to a Spurs STH mate of mine last week. He was scathing. No tactical awareness, fell out with a load of players who have been nowhere near the side since his arrival. The surge in Adebayor form was all about the player and just what he does; a short-term rush of effort, then lazy for weeks.

Plus, there were stories of Sherwood undermining AVB throughout the first half of the season, and playing a big part in AVBs strained relations with the playing squad. the image is a selfish, tactically lacking, big mouthed guy who just can't back up his talk.

I was rather taken aback as that wasn't how I'd seen him at all, but it has rather tainted my view.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Sherwood strikes me as a chancer who has done nothing in the managerial world. Also he's English which means he'll be tactically inept. Pepe Mel anyday but ideally Ralf Rangnick

Hovespur

Feb 28, 2012
While alienating the entire Senior squad, we some of those wins (a win is a win, so not complaining) where very lucky, Palace, Everton, Southampton owned us and we got out played by WBA and Hull.

When AVB left we where 5 points behind 4th in 5th, since Sherwood took over we slipped to 6th

We were 7th when Avb left

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Passionate, attack minded and has an experience working with youngsters.

Give him the time to build his own team and I think it'll be a success. Don't judge him on his first season

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Pretty much the entire rest of the premiership got battered by the top teams.

The rest of the premiership, who didn't spend 2 BILLION pounds. Spurs should've finished top 4. They were a big ol' dismal failure this season.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Warren Aspinall thinks he would be a good choice. However he is a friend of Warren's. Any friend of Warren is good enough for me.

I suspect that simply means that he's the only one on the likely shortlist with a name that Aspinall thinks he has a reasonable chance of pronouncing correctly when commentating on Albion matches.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I would have been, right up until I chatted to a Spurs STH mate of mine last week. He was scathing. No tactical awareness, fell out with a load of players who have been nowhere near the side since his arrival.

So just about the same opinion Spurs fans have had toward most of their managers since Glen Hoddle!!

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Levy and the DOF spent the money on the squad at Spurs. AVB wasn't measuring up to their expectations and got the bullet.

Sherwood has been on a hiding to nothing. Even if he'd got Spurs to 4th he'd have probably got he next Levy bullet.

Spiky, passionate, English and with a good coaching pedigree. Isn't that what people want on here?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Needed a fence balancing "erm dunno really" but in the absence of that have voted "no".

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here