Would you be happy with a BHAFC 11 made up entirely of " foreigners " ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The make up of a BHAFC 11

• I would not be bothered with 11 foreign players

Votes: 36 35.3%
  • I would rather a balance of English and Foreign players

Votes: 60 58.8%
  • I would rather have 11 English players

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I am wanting Murray to win Wimbledon and he is " foreign "

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
People say that we are helping to develop the correct way of football in this country, but we aren't if we pack the team full of people that aren't English.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Been thinking about this all day. It seems we are gradually going down this road, especially while Gus is manager. We will be labelled the Arsenal of the championship (if not already) and that will lead to pressure, ridicule and other clubs busting to beat us. Bring it on i say, we need the players to produce the style of football that Gus wants us to play at a level that will put us in the play offs or automatic promotion. If we can attract quality English players then great, but its all to do with the wage structure and the championship.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Interesting question.

Whilst I'd prefer a balance, I'm pretty sure I'd be like a 5 year old if an Albion team comprising of 11 people from anywhere were about to win promotion to the Premier League!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
No, that would mean LuaLua and Buckley aren't in the team. Sort it out Gus.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Our three signings this season have been

1: A Polish keeper for a Slovakian keeper
2: A Spanish right back for a Spanish right back
3: Vicente for Vicente

So I'm not sure that the foreign element has increased.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think though the influx of the overseas players has helped to make our national team and home grown talent so shit over the last decade.

But there is no empirical evidence to support that.

England failed to qualify for the World Cup in 1974, 1978 and 1994 when we had few overseas players in the top flight, so I'm not sure what you are basing your argument upon.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Isn't KLL from DR Congo?

I'm not sure about KLL, but I am certain that they drink UM BONGO in DR Congo.

220px-Um_Bongo.png

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Tell you what - what does matter to me, now that we've stopped pretending that high earners all pay the tax they should, is that well-paid imports pay their fair share of tax.

Other than that: nationality irrelevant, but want to see a smattering of players who are Sussex-born and/or came thru the youth set-up. We need that for our identity. And, yes, that means that players like AEA, Elphick, Dunk should be marginally more likely to get extensions than if they weren't 'ours'.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
A mix is best. I would love out team to be full of English players who show real class but getting them is just not possible. And I do like to have a few local players in the team. There is nothing better then seeing someone like El-Abd really show passion for Brighton.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
didn't celtic win the european cup with every player born within 30 miles of there ground?

how times change!

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
I voted a balance of English and Foreign players, but if I had the choice I would have all teams sign a Football League document where there is only allowed to be 7 Foreign players in the whole squad. Thus making way and influencing teams to use home grown talent and using the youth set up as a productive way to inherit players locally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports