Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you be happy to be in the Championship again

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't want to get relegated simply because you can't really compete for trophies or Europe from any other division. Non-top flight teams win major trophies very rarely (1980 West Ham FAC, 1991 Sheff Wed LC). Millwall were probably the last time to get into Europe from outside the top flight when they lost to Man Utd in an FA Cup final, and that was in 2004.

We've won sod-all in our history, yet twice in our recent EPL spell, we've been two wins from winning the FA Cup outright. One day it might actually happen.

However, a drop to the Championship would not depress me in the way a drop to League One or below might. So if it happened I'd not be that upset. If we were destined to yo-yo between the top two divisions, I'd take that considering our history has been predominantly in the bottom two divisions.

Last edited:

boik

The way people are reacting recently I do hope someone has hidden the razor blades. Football's always been a game of ups and downs. No need to get suicidal when things aren't going so well.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I’d be happy watching us win more often than lose and sometimes put teams to the sword. Would it be as good as Europe, no, but watching the Albion win and be a top dog in the division takes some beating imo, whichever division it is.
I think there are literally millions of fans of different clubs at different levels that have suffered relegation over the years that would probably comment that this assumption is quite literally complete and utter bollocks

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It depends. Would being in the Championship stop the whinging?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Christ almighty what an embarrassing thread, some people must be running out of money buying new non-shitted in beds every day.
Embarrassed by a thread asking how you’d feel before the season started after relegation? You poor petal.

What has any of this got to do with bed shitting? Weird

I assume you’d walk away.

Last edited:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I don't want to get relegated simply because you can't really compete for trophies or Europe from any other division. Non-top flight teams win major trophies very rarely (1980 West Ham FAC, 1991 Sheff Wed LC). Millwall were probably the last time to get into Europe from outside the top flight when they lost to Man Utd in an FA Cup final, and that was in 2004.

We've won sod-all in our history, yet twice in our recent EPL spell, we've been two wins from winning the FA Cup outright. One day it might actually happen.

However, a drop to the Championship would not depress me in the way a drop to League One or below might. So if it happened I'd not be that upset. If we were destined to yo-yo between the top two divisions, I'd take that considering our history has been predominantly in the bottom two divisions.

Good that somebody understands the point of the thread, there are quite a few who don’t seem to have grasped it before going onto an aggressive footing.

It was just an interest as to how people would react IF we get relegated.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’m happy in the Premier League, I would be gutted if we got relegated. Can’t say I would be happy going back to The Championship.
I wouldn’t give up my season ticket though and still go whatever league we play in.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Comparing his post to the opening one, I know where my “poor petal” money’s going

Well maybe you should have expressed your opinion yourself rather than waiting for someone else to, another weird post.

No idea how asking the question in the opening post makes me a “poor petal” but carry on

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Embarrassed by a thread asking how you’d feel before the season started after relegation? You poor petal.

What has any of this got to do with bed shitting? Weird

I assume you’d walk away.
Im very fat im not walking away from anything.

Jimmy Grimble

I knew it wouldn’t be long before one of these threads appeared again. Especially after Ipswich’s exhilarating and unexpected season.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
No way, wouldn't be long before the club would all of a sudden remember me and ask for £40 to buy some bog roll or a left back and receive 500 loyalty points suspended if we went straight back up,I may have been more open to the idea if Murray had waved to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here