Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would We Swop Our Players For Palarse's

Probably not. We finished higher last season. They haven't improved their awful defence at all, and it's hard to say what's going to happen with the bizarre attacking options they've brought in.

Wasn't your squad so much more superior than ours last season? despite the fact we went 9 games without a win you finished just 3 points ahead of us then lost the semi against us, look at Qpr they spent 52 mil last season didn't help them did it?
having a great squad is one thing its about the team spirit and man management that beat Bha and then got us up

Oh by the way Liam B and Leonardo U would have gone straight into our 1st team, they're class acts,

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Wasn't your squad so much more superior than ours last season? despite the fact we went 9 games without a win you finished just 3 points ahead of us then lost the semi against us, look at Qpr they spent 52 mil last season didn't help them did it?
having a great squad is one thing its about the team spirit and man management that beat Bha and then got us up

Oh by the way Liam B and Leonardo U would have gone straight into our 1st team, they're class acts,

Interesting you mention team spirit, I wonder how the players that got you promoted will feel about 15 players coming in during this window, many of them not match fit or having played much recently. Quite a few of your signings do seem a bit desperate and along the lines of that's all you could get and it will be interesting to see now the season is already fully underway how Wurzel will mould a team out of that lot. You have your heads above water for now and a bigger squad which will help but after a few more tough games and the inevitable hammering that will come your way eventually I wonder how long you can keep punching above your weight?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Did I say it was "so much superior"? No, but it WAS superior, as the final league standings showed.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I would imagine that we'd take a fair number of their current squad, even if only for depth. It's a hard task to claim that chicksen or maximenko are better than whoever their left back is. Jedinak, Williams and the spanish lad would strengthen us too. As would Gayle(probably...), Chamakh, Phillips(super sub) and Murray(when fit). Oh, and Speroni. And Puncheon. Actually, I might not take Jedinak. He's too much of a ****.

They might have a very poor premier league squad, but it has the makings of a pretty decent championship one.

I think a more interesting question would be: had we not shanked the play offs, would we, as a premier league team, have been interested in any of their championship players? The answer to that one, IMO, is no. Not one.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I don't want to seem negative, but isn't it time we stopped obsessing about Palace. It's no wonder their trolls come on here to stir things up.

100% THIS, WELL SAID TRHK :thumbsup:

albionite

May 20, 2009
I would imagine that we'd take a fair number of their current squad, even if only for depth. It's a hard task to claim that chicksen or maximenko are better than whoever their left back is. Jedinak, Williams and the spanish lad would strengthen us too. As would Gayle(probably...), Chamakh, Phillips(super sub) and Murray(when fit). Oh, and Speroni. And Puncheon. Actually, I might not take Jedinak. He's too much of a ****.

They might have a very poor premier league squad, but it has the makings of a pretty decent championship one.

I think a more interesting question would be: had we not shanked the play offs, would we, as a premier league team, have been interested in any of their championship players? The answer to that one, IMO, is no. Not one.

Far too much of a sensible post, you need to put your blue and white specs back on .

D

Deleted member 18477

I'd happily swap Hoskins for Chamakh or Gayle

I'd swap Chicksen for Moxey and Speroni for Ankergren

Also swap Dunk for Gabbidon or Delaney.

Benzhiyi

Feb 8, 2004
Difficult decision personally.

View attachment 46734View attachment 46735

Reckon ours shades it slightly as an overall squad- a lot of very mediocre Championship players in Palace's, defence particularly weak.

I think the way to do it would be to pick an 18 from both and see who has more players in that 18. I'd go for

Kuszczak

Bruno Greer Upson Moxey

Bridcutt Jedinak

Buckley Guedioura Campana

Ulloa​

Subs: Speroni, Gabbidon, Calderon, Puncheon, Orlandi, Chamakh, Williams

Make it 9 each there in a balanced 18. Would say ours maybe slightly the better of the two purely from a defensive perspective. Whereas bar Ulloa and Buckley, they certainly have the edge going forwards, including players outside that 18 as well.

I come in peace to tell you that (in terms of ability relating to the position he plays) Joel Ward is the best player in the Palace squad, bar none. Okay, maybe Jedinak. But he is a monster, and one of two players I can guarantee you are Prem quality.

Definitely deserves a place in your 18.

Now back to my shell until next year's REMF. :)

Billingshurst Eagle

Jan 21, 2004
West Sussex
Love the opinions on here that are stated as "fact"

Jedinak will play for one of the top 4 EPL teams - fact
Ward will play for England - fact
Gayle will score 10 - 15 goals this season - fact

or are these just my "opinions"?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

A sensible post, if we had been promoted the only players Palace have signed that I would like to have signed ourselves is Campana, Gayle, Jedinak and Puncheon. The others I could leave.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Love the opinions on here that are stated as "fact"

Jedinak will play for one of the top 4 EPL teams - fact
Ward will play for England - fact
Gayle will score 10 - 15 goals this season - fact

or are these just my "opinions"?

God knows. If they really are your opinions you are a pretty poor judge. No offence.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Will not be long before a palace bellend links this to bbs and they all say Brighton fans are deluded, they wouldn't have one of our players in their team.
Maybe Bridcutt and Ulloa could warm their bench.

These make me laugh but we really do need an away section so these type of wind up threads don't pollute main section
It's been done ! :thumbsup: well you can't blame us can you .

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Holloway for Oscar ???

I know a lot of BHA fans don't like him, but you could argue Holloway has the experience of getting a team to the prem, keeping them there is a different matter of course !

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
:nono: our injury's throughout the season were horrendous compared to Bha's but when the chips were down it was proven once again who's superior:clap2::cool: overall

Were they? Do you know who was injured for BHA, for how long, and how important they were for the team?

Thought not.

Your two essential players (Zaha and Murray) stayed fit almost throughout.

Looking at Palaces recent signings/loans it does appear to be a very poor Premiership squad. With a cash injection of £60m I would be particularly disappointed with that motley crew - plus it has taken them three league games to go back on their word to give the players who got them up a chance in the Prem.

Existing players will see the new influx as a kick in the teeth - however, it must be hard to attract decent players to such a poor ground and shit support. At the end of the day it's Palace - you know it will end in a farce. (Wasn't Andy Johnson smuggled out of the 2 bit in the back of someones car as he turned up too late to sign for them? - that's Palace all over) :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here