Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would this be a good window?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good OP.

But I’d be concerned that should Lallana get injured, our midfield would essentially be the same as last season, with the same glaring weaknesses it had for much of last season.

Alzate (fit again and raring to go); Molumby; fair additions I would say ( and yes I know it's the rule that everyone working out our strengths and 'best team' for next season has to discount U23 players and returning loanees .......... Clarke as well).

Transfer window enthusiasm seems to have over-ruled the idea of promoting from within, which I believe is the long term aim. Evolution not revolution is I believe the plan - and I'm all for it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why does Groß keep popping up on the ship out list?
Because we now have too many midfielders and there was an article in The Athletic yesterday about how much Potter rates Pröpper so it won't be Davy who goes. Mooy won't be shipped out early either just because of a recent slump in form.

So by deduction the midfielder to go is either Groß or Stephens ( or both ).

The only other possibility is that Molumby goes out on loan again, which would be a terrible shame.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good OP.

But I’d be concerned that should Lallana get injured, our midfield would essentially be the same as last season, with the same glaring weaknesses it had for much of last season.

A lack of goals and a lack of pace.

Acquiring a midfielder who can chip in with 5 plus PL goals a season, would be a step forward.
Lundstram is leaving Sheff Utd and... well you never can tell.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I rate Alzate, but GP seemed to push him back down the midfield pecking order in the second half of the season.

Still a ‘work in progress’?

Assume he was carrying an injury. Hence the recent surgery, which was originally scheduled for february, I believe.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Good OP.

A lack of goals and a lack of pace.

Acquiring a midfielder who can chip in with 5 plus PL goals a season, would be a step forward.

Could Bissouma step up and start scoring a few goals this season? I think Potter has spoken about wanting more goals from Bissouma.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Could Bissouma step up and start scoring a few goals this season? I think Potter has spoken about wanting more goals from Bissouma.

Last season was all about blooding young players in the Premier League.
I can see more goals coming from a number of sources next season.

I'm sure we will see increased goals from Connolly and Maupay.
Bissouma and Trossard were much improved after the restart.
Both players look capable of scoring goals and will get better.
McAllister is a goal scorer and hopefully he will progress next season too.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Would be crazy to get rid of March AND Jahanbahksh without bringing in another attacking player...

PoG

Oct 29, 2013

I'm sure he'll get one or two but mainly we'll see him smashing it well off target.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Swapping Ali J for Ajax would be one hell of a transfer coup...

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
It would however March is a key squad player shouldn't sell. Maitland Niles is not a left wing back he's a central midfielder converted to a right or left winger converted again to a right back/ right wing back.

We need a propper Left Back, and personally Maitland Niles would be brilliant for us. A new striker would be nice but not essential. I think Maupay will be better next season, Connolly is young but looks promising and Murray is always a good option. If we can get a decent forward great if not a left back and Maitland Niles would be a great window for me especially if we get rid of some of the players who haven't been good enough.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
sky are shit.

look at our page on their transfer summary

sky are shit.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here