Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would relegation help the amex atmosphere?

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Three seats each.:thumbsup:
Could bring a sleeping bag and pillow and snuggle up to watch the game in comfort.:thumbsup:

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Probably not as much as promotion to be fair :)

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Let's go the whole hog and drop to league 2

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If we managed relegation would it be a blessing if crowds fell to between 16k-18k,this would give a chance for proper fans to get together in certain parts of the ground and create a more organic mix of the vocal type of fan in certain areas??? Too many showroom dummies getting in the way at the moment,also a price reduction would help to get some of the more traditional class of fan through the turnstile:thumbsup:

Is this result of boredom or a mid life crisis?

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
If we managed relegation would it be a blessing if crowds fell to between 16k-18k,this would give a chance for proper fans to get together in certain parts of the ground and create a more organic mix of the vocal type of fan in certain areas??? Too many showroom dummies getting in the way at the moment,also a price reduction would help to get some of the more traditional class of fan through the turnstile:thumbsup:

Proper fans like you, supposedly, would never see relegation as a blessing

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I quite enjoyed the Newport game at The Amex I thought then if we ever went down this is what it would be like, it reminded me of nights at the Goldstone in the FA cup getting beat by Sudbury
Also when we played Newport I sat down the south end of the east for the 1st half then moved to the north end of the east for the 2nd half - I quite enjoyed watching us play shit in front of a poor crowd I felt a warm glow inside as if I was back at the Goldstone mid 90s

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Imagine that it's Christmas Day and we're equal on points with Sheffield Wednesday. Then we hear that Sheffield Wednesday have signed players of the calibre of Bridcutt, Ulloa, Orlandi, CMS & LuaLua. We'd all think that we might as well throw in the towel.
I don't, for one minute, think we'll even be there but we've had a frightful spate of injuries and when we get a few first teamers back, we'll have a decent run. Heck, we could even make the playoffs.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
What helps the atmosphere most is Lager and a bad Ref. Dodgy decisions always get the crowd going.

Is this result of boredom or a mid life crisis?

I JUST HAVE A BIT OF A GIFT FOR LOOKING AHEAD,I SAW THE POYET PROBLEM WHILE OTHERS WANTED HIS BABIES AND I DID MENTION THAT LAST SEASON COULD BE AS GOOD AS IT GETS FOR A WHILE,A REALITY CHECK FOR FANS AND CLUB MIGHT SEE A REEAVALUATION OF THE EXPECTATIONS OF THE FANS SPENDING POWER,WOULD BE NICE TO GET PROMOTED FROM DIV 1,THE CROWDS WOULD GROW WITH A PROMOTION PUSH I'M SURE:thumbsup:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I JUST HAVE A BIT OF A GIFT FOR LOOKING AHEAD,I SAW THE POYET PROBLEM WHILE OTHERS WANTED HIS BABIES AND I DID MENTION THAT LAST SEASON COULD BE AS GOOD AS IT GETS FOR A WHILE,A REALITY CHECK FOR FANS AND CLUB MIGHT SEE A REEAVALUATION OF THE EXPECTATIONS OF THE FANS SPENDING POWER,WOULD BE NICE TO GET PROMOTED FROM DIV 1,THE CROWDS WOULD GROW WITH A PROMOTION PUSH I'M SURE:thumbsup:

So you have a gift of looking ahead and your conclusion is relegation would be a blessing ???

Lots of fans knew Gus wasn't perfect but gave him the benefit of the doubt and support until he had to go. What's more than that, there were many fans, probably yourself included, who wrote our season in November last year. So any apparent gift of looking ahead failed when we when we finished fourth.

And finally WHY DO YOU THINK THAT WRITING IN CAPITALS GETS YOUR COMMENT TAKEN MORE SERIOUSLY. IS THIS ALSO A GIFT ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here