Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would it be safe?

brightonalbion

Feb 16, 2009
My 15 year old son wants to go to the Millwall match on the weekend, but as his mate he was originally going with now cant go, he wants to still travel up on his own? Im a bit worried about anything that could happen, i.e millwall fans or being confronted by someone (being in london) ?

If he travelled up with the bulk of the Brighton fans on the train, would it be safe for him? Protective as i am :)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
My 15 year old son wants to go to the Millwall match on the weekend, but as his mate he was originally going with now cant go, he wants to still travel up on his own? Im a bit worried about anything that could happen, i.e millwall fans or being confronted by someone (being in london) ?

If he travelled up with the bulk of the Brighton fans on the train, would it be safe for him? Protective as i am :)

If he is 'street wise' and not 'gobby' then he should be ok.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
i went to London by myself when i was 15. so as regards to that i believe its safe (however that was 7 years ago/ it does depend a little on wrong place wrong time etc) as regards to Millwall, i couldn't say, as i haven't been myself. but i cant see a 15 year old getting beat up by the Millwall 'crew'. Pretty low if they did.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Is it safe?
- Is it safe? - Are you talking to me?
- Is it safe? - Is what safe?
- Is it safe? - I don't know what you mean.
I can't tell you if something is safe or not
unless I know specifically what you're talking about.
Is it safe?
Tell me what the "it" refers to.
Is it safe?
Yes, it's safe. It's very safe. So safe you wouldn't believe it.
Is it safe?
No, it's not safe. It's very dangerous. Be careful.
Relax, relax. Come on. Open.
Open. It's OK.

brightonalbion

Feb 16, 2009
Oh i trust him not to mouth off, and he certainly wouldnt wear brighton colours. Im mainly concerned about him being confronted by someone? Dyou reckon walking in a group of brighton fans would help, therefore be safe?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I reckon he’ll be fine. I’m sure he’ll be able to tag along with some brighton fans at London bridge on route to sarf bemondsey and on the way back. Maybe get him to steer away from new cross just in case he strays down that way.

Zamora 25

Mar 11, 2008
Brighton
should be plenty of brighton fans going up from brighton station , so if he gets on with them , he shouldnt have any problems.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Not had any problems with any Millwall fans in the past, except when being held back from the train station a couple of years back. Like everyone else has said, can't see any problems.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
BrightonAlbion,

I think it's a case of 'if you look for trouble, you'll find it'.

Millwall is my favourite away - mainly because I live quite
close in Kent. I don't think the Albion are on the Cardiff
City or West Ham scale ......harmless banter is the order
of the day usually.

brightonalbion

Feb 16, 2009
No, not a gobby person, has respect. Im sure he'll be happy that he's going. Wish i could go myself....!

KennyStandHatter

Feb 19, 2009
Couldnt he travel up via fans coach? They arrive not too early, depart straight after, he won't have time to get drunk or into trouble, and the coaches park right outside the ground. Might be cheaper than the train, too.

brightonalbion

Feb 16, 2009
This is something i have considered. However he is not a memeber or bhafc and the only coaches that seem to be going up ar supporters club ones. A point on alcohol, i'm sure he wont be so irresponsable. I have enough trust im him to believe that he wont get drunk. I would suppose there will be taxi's outside london bridge, i think this would be a good idea? Any ideas on how much that would cost to near the ground?

Oct 25, 2003
This is something i have considered. However he is not a memeber or bhafc and the only coaches that seem to be going up ar supporters club ones. A point on alcohol, i'm sure he wont be so irresponsable. I have enough trust im him to believe that he wont get drunk. I would suppose there will be taxi's outside london bridge, i think this would be a good idea? Any ideas on how much that would cost to near the ground?

a fair bit i'd imagine

seriously though, the train journey is only about 5 mins, there'll be plenty of brighton fans on there, and there's a walkway direct from the station to the away end

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Rather than let him travel on his own and tag along with other Brighton fans on the train it maybe sensible to arrange a seat on the LoveBus , which leaves from Conway Street bus depot. You don't have to be a member of the supporters club to travel on the coach and they are well organized , you get dropped off very near the stadium and after the match its a doddle finding the coach which leaves shortly after everyone has boarded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here