would glen murray have made a difference?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
It's the truth though, Palace play a different style and are getting the most out of Murray and that's why he's scoring.

Really. You don't think Murray can play football in a passing side? You think he's that bad he cant control a ball and bring others into play.....

I have to disagree....

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
It's very similar to being dumped by your first true love . You thought the world of her but you started taking her on cheap dates , run down places but she wanted to see the bright lights of London (Croydon) . You got complacement took her for granted made her look at other guys with bigger wallets who would take her to bigger and better restaurants . So when she had a showdown with you to say she wanted to go to better places and be treated better you stubbornly told her to go , more fish in the sea ( inside you were dying ).
So she went and for a while you felt good you got a new bird ( CMS) and she did all the running ( pardon the pun ) and all felt great especially when you heard the ex ' s new relationship wasn't going that well . You heard she went to a great restaurant ( old Trafford ) and really had a good evening , it stirred something inside the old green eyed monster was rearing his ugly head and you felt for the first time your new bird wasn't a patch on your ex and you yearned to have her back but you couldn't admit it .
Fast forward a year and you ex has gone from strength to strength and has hardly gave you a second glance , she's moved on you say you have but secretly you haven't . You've elbowed old CMS and got yourself a new foreign bird , you've had your eye on her for a year and half and she finally said yes ( after gaining her visa) the first date was fantastic you pulled out all the stops great atmosphere and a full restaurant and you even scored which on a first date was great but was it too much too soon ?
The second date went disastrously she was cold and distant and didn't want to know you ( typical foreign bird ) it's not boding well you've already starting thinking about the ONE again . You will never replace her you've just got to move on with your life and given time the new one will gel , in the meantime you can use old CMS for little 20 minute sessions when you feel desperate. . Good luck she might visit you in a couple of months , let's hope you greet her better than your first meeting after the split !

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Every time he scores this keeps getting dragged up.

Murray is Gus's massive mistake. He had everything in his game that we are missing now.

It's too late though, it's over. Let's move on.....

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Is the craziest answer of the day so far............

No point putting an answer like that if you dont back it up ???
If you would like my Bible length explanation as to why he wouldnt i would gladly tell u in a PM !
I have mannaged football teams for the last 15 years so i do know a little bit about what im talking about !!!

This season Murray has proved invaluable to Palace - as hardly anyone else scores for them. However, They are not setting the League alight and their position in the play offs is more due to the lack of any consistency from the chasing pack (includes us!) than their own form.

Last season he was a waste of space for them and many Palace wanted rid of him (as we did when he failed to click in many of his seasons for us). Would I want a striker who scored 25 plus goals for us ? of course - would Murray have been that striker ? I don't think so. Our style of play is not free scoring (both bottom two clubs have scored as many goals as us this season) - we rely more on a tight defence to accumulate points.

Plus remember Palace also missed Liam Bridcutt - shit happens.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
This season Murray has proved invaluable to Palace - as hardly anyone else scores for them. However, They are not setting the League alight and their position in the play offs is more due to the lack of any consistency from the chasing pack (includes us!) than their own form.

Last season he was a waste of space for them and many Palace wanted rid of him (as we did when he failed to click in many of his seasons for us). Would I want a striker who scored 25 plus goals for us ? of course - would Murray have been that striker ? I don't think so. Our style of play is not free scoring (both bottom two clubs have scored as many goals as us this season) - we rely more on a tight defence to accumulate points.

F**k me Major, that's not a bad post for you !
A couple of things though, last season he didn't get a run of games, but you had to be blind not to see his ability. This season he has had decent service and more importantly, our number one forward.
We've had a wobble since Christmas, and you're right, no one has closed us down. But if we go on another good run, I think we'll be there or there abouts come May.
P S, you'd love Murray back in your team to put away all those missed chances !!

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Murray would have been pulling another strop,my GF wants to go back oop north by now,let the scum have him.He didn't want to play for us,f*** him and move on.

He did, but Gus thought he didn't deserve a decent pay rise from a contract set when we were a league one club.
Gus mistake I'm afraid.

Murry

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
Is an accurate assessment.

(And there was no "gamble". The wages Glenn wanted were tiny compared to many in the current Albion squad, and the Albion's turnover is 5x that of the Withdean era).

But 3.5m on CMS?. Poyet didnt like Murray. End of.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
F**k me Major, that's not a bad post for you !
A couple of things though, last season he didn't get a run of games, but you had to be blind not to see his ability. This season he has had decent service and more importantly, our number one forward.
We've had a wobble since Christmas, and you're right, no one has closed us down. But if we go on another good run, I think we'll be there or there abouts come May.
P S, you'd love Murray back in your team to put away all those missed chances !!
Honest truth I always rated the (dirty cheating ****) but ur last line isn't true. There aren't many strikers I've seen miss as many ridiculously easy chances ie open goals as this ****. Thing with him is he scores the half chances. I know he regularly misses sitters for u too btw as know a few regulars at Sainsburys Ground...

Ps why r we still discussing this anyway? Least of all since he cheated against us to get them the killer goal in that 10 vs 11 game..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
But 3.5m on CMS?. Poyet didnt like Murray. End of.

Where did u magic that figure from? You're 1 million out...

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace

Can't disagree with any of that. Who are you, and what have you done with TheMajor?

Can't disagree with any of that. Who are you, and what have you done with TheMajor?

I was drunk !

Murray's a wanker and you let over 3,000 Charlton fans in which means you had less than 15k Palace for your big South London derby - you tw*ts.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I was drunk !

Murray's a wanker and you let over 3,000 Charlton fans in which means you had less than 15k Palace for your big South London derby - you tw*ts.

That's more like it phallus , just stay the way you are .

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Murray has struggled abominably to reach 30, I can't remember when he last scored a hat-trick. Shoddy goods, we should ask for our money back.

Oh wait....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports