Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would CMS make a better midfielder ?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Interesting, however we've been a totally transformed team since he came on against Reading... To me it's no coincidence, someone like him who works so hard for the team inspires others to do the same. Added to that, players hate playing against CMS, he might not be a prolific goalscorer at championship level but his work alone helps our other players score goals as he runs defences ragged.

Spot on, I have been saying for weeks, we miss his energy and how it effects the team around him. Players take the lead from that. When your in the shit like we are you need players that give a shit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1 in 20 passes may find the man. Hardly reason to suggest that he is a midfielder. For what its worth i genuinely do like CMS. He is a grafter, but clearly not good enough in the Championship. League 1 is his level
He set up Bennett's double attempt, and set up the penalty with accurate passing.
Although WA did say he got off to a slow start, last night.

CMS is no deep forward/advanced midfielder type, he's no lone striker, either.
Barring a Lazarus type revival we have a maximum of 6 months left to enjoy/endure CMS.
I'd love for that time to be spent carving out chances the like of which Solly tucked away, as Colunga, Baldock and CMS would surprise everyone by scoring for fun.

Or perhaps we'll just get Gardener back for the rest of the season.
Watching him shoot and never look like scoring is a real treat.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Spot on, I have been saying for weeks, we miss his energy and how it effects the team around him. Players take the lead from that. When your in the shit like we are you need players that give a shit.

This is VERY true, it has to be said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here