Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would Bamford be welcome

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He has played 2/3rds the games that Vydra has but his scoring rate throughout his career is slghtly better 1 every 2.6 games as opposed to Vydra 1 every 3.5 games but I would still see Vydra as a better prospect playing off of Murray or Hemed.

NorthStandWren

Apr 20, 2016
He's a very good player although he seemed to have a quiet season last year. Has the quality I would hope we are looking for, I would imagine Chelsea would want more than 3 million.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He has played 2/3rds the games that Vydra has but his scoring rate throughout his career is slghtly better 1 every 2.6 games as opposed to Vydra 1 every 3.5 games but I would still see Vydra as a better prospect playing off of Murray or Hemed.

Yes I agree, Vydra is more of a number 10, and can play off a centre forward, (what we need in my opinion), whereas Bamford is an out and out target man., and we already have a couple of those.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Hi I am boro fan and season ticket holder, I have just read that Patrick Bamford may be going to Wigan for £3m, if he can recapture his form again then that is a bargain, I really wish we were on top of this but it doesnt look like PB features in our plans.

At £3mil what are your thoughts on Bamford ? my thought are that once he gets in the groove again he would get you promoted as I think you have a really strong team and someone like a fit Bamford would be the final piece of the jigsaw.

why is he coming to the Albion????

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Not at all mate, I went down to the play off final when Norwich beat us then walked to the car with some Norwich fans after our defeat, I shook his hand and wished him luck for the season...lifes hard and there is so much bad new about, so I try my best to be positive.

Fair enough. Good luck for the season. I hope that we join you in the Premier League soon.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Hi I am boro fan and season ticket holder, I have just read that Patrick Bamford may be going to Wigan for £3m, if he can recapture his form again then that is a bargain, I really wish we were on top of this but it doesnt look like PB features in our plans.

At £3mil what are your thoughts on Bamford ? my thought are that once he gets in the groove again he would get you promoted as I think you have a really strong team and someone like a fit Bamford would be the final piece of the jigsaw.

Nearly. But I don't think he is the player to complete the jigsaw. He might be superfluous as a loan signing? He could make it as medium term successor to Glenn Murray ???

I've got high hopes of our current squad of attackers of they can get their game together. Most of them are quicker than Bamford. Not the front two of Hemed and Murray though who may be better finishers?

We need a left sided defender to make a strength in depth deficiency.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Bizarre. Bamford for £3m, and everyone is turning their noses up. He's not even an out and out striker, although has played there. If we could get him for £3m, it's a no brainier for me.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Good player, prospect and price. Would be content.

Think we could find better or a better fit.

Kind of remind me of when we bought Baldock. Good player who'll play lots and do a solid job, but not the perfect and explosive player who will change our season like Pritchard would have been.

If we commit to playing 4-4-2 not 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 hybrid then he'll be useful now and in the Murray role next season. A good long term rotation player. Had higher hopes than that but content is the word.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If Bamford had come in last season for £3m people would've been creaming themselves about what a great signing it was. He by reputation has attitude issues but who knows the truth of that? It's not unusual for young players to suffer dips in form and his best form would make him one of the best players in this division. He's not an out and out striker and plays off a main striker so he fits the bill in that regard too.

I can't see his fee only being £3m but if it was I cannot see who else we could get for that fee who would be better?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here