Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wot no Mike Yardy's tweet thread?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Oh he's definitely entitled to. Just as Albion fans might feel entitled to think he's very silly to be snippy towards a large group of people, who might feel less well disposed towards Sussex CCC as a result (or who already pay his wages!). Which would make it a very silly thing to say IMHO.

No biggie but just a bit silly given his position.

Perhaps it was just a gag directed at his mates?

Any Sussex fan who goes Mavis Riley about it needs their bumps felt.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
sorry to disappoint Mr Yardy's apologists but it is a genuine account - imbecilic in respect to this post but genuinely so :lol:

Still doesn't mean he posted it. It's not impossible to access someone's account.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It wasn't, as his subsequent tweets clearly illustrated.

The subsequent deletion of the account also tells a tale.

It's a shame i missed all of this, i would have really enjoyed it. What did he subsequently say?

chrisbha

Mar 21, 2012
Mike yardy was sitting in front of us on the east lower at the watford game. Quite happily posed for a photo with a young lad as he was leaving. Please do not attack him because of his illness. My wife suffers from it and believe me it is not nice.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
He said something like "if they needed a bigger ground so much why did they not build it sooner?" Good digging that one

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I thought he was dead.

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
Then go on Lewis Hatchett@lewis_hatchett and check outhis tweet from Yesterday morning

At BattleCCtoday for Natwest Cricket Force with @Themooster20lLuke_wells07@ammykhan1980#Painters and Decorators
retweeted by SussexCCC

Dosn't sound fake
My sons girlfriends parents are good friends with Mike & his wife and they say he hasn't have a twitter account.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My sons girlfriends parents are good friends with Mike & his wife and they say he hasn't have a twitter account.

It was a new account but was clearly his - long before he dug a massive hole about the Albion the account had been mentioned by Matt Prior, Luke Wright and Scott Styris to name but three.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

He doesn't. NOW.

Other players were promoting his account in recent days, which rather suggests a genuine one.

Matt Prior, 29th March:
[MENTION=26863]mattp[/MENTION]rior13: Hey guys pls give my good mate and [MENTION=23532]Sussexcc[/MENTION]C legend @Themooster20 a follow! Ignore the west ham chat and he's actually very funny! #enjoy

If it was a fake account, he'd call himself something like [MENTION=1494]mikey[/MENTION]ardy, surely, not using what is presumably a nickname. Personally I think it's a shame if he's ditched Twitter after only a couple of days, as it's not like he's said anything horrifically offensive (really). It was just a badly thought out bit of football chirping. He got his facts wrong, and wound plenty of people up, but there are worse things out there. I'd like him to have stayed on Twitter. And had the opportunity to be gently reminded of his faux pas every so often :)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He has apologised via Sussex CCC.

I must admit, I am sure I have seen him with mates at an away game before, so think this was just a joke that got taken a bit to seriously.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Here it is
image.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No harm done. I'd like to think he'd come back to Twitter soon enough. I suspect it was little more than an ill-thought-out joke aimed at winding up his team mates, from someone who was a newcomer to Twitter & didn't quite appreciate the power it can have.

Prize to the first Albion fan who brings a banner reading "The 20k Prawn Sandwiches (Formerly Cromwell Road) End" to a Sussex game this season though :thumbsup:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Nothing wrong with the supporter of another team having banter with his Albion mates. A decent thing to apologise but not really necessary.
At least he's seen the sense to bring his children up to support their local side. At least he'll see more passing at The Amex than at Upton Park.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here