Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Wot a donut

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Not sure what's worse, the no-life clowns that have the time and energy to get offended over this trivial shite or the 'journalists' who indulge it for a few clicks.

Unlike plenty of doughnuts, the schedules of the no-life clowns clearly aren't jam-packed.

And the journalists are clearly just covering this story for the dough.

Either way, my eyes are glazing over... :yawn:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
I'm more concerned about how media these days is lowest common denominator and this sort of stuff even gets into it.

I don't like the phrase 'Karen' and I wouldn't use it personally. It is such a derogatory term and it must grate on those who have it as a name.

That's not PC, it's just being respectful. There is a difference between the two.

But liking doughnuts and being one myself I can't say that this would offend me. So I'll be keeping my weekend name.

Brovion

Jul 6, 2003
My name is Tim after nearly 30 years of not caring I've decided that I'm outraged, OUTRAGED I tell you by the Harry Enfield character 'Tim Nice But Dim'. If I'd allowed it to get to me earlier I'd have had nearly 30 years of suffering and sleepless nights (probably) caused by a heartless Nazi who thought it was 'funny' to make a joke out of me.

Obviously in these enlightened times he wouldn't be allowed to get away with such a cruel and offensive character today, but let's cancel and ban Enfield anyway for his past crimes.

DavidinSouthampton

Jan 3, 2012
It's political correctness gone mad. Down with this sort of thing.

Is your name Jane?

If it were, you might be more likely to take offence.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Is it Donuts or Doughnuts?
Do as in poo there is no do as in so, but it could also be dough as in pow, maybe it should be dow as in sow but even that could be dow as in now.

One of the many things that irritates me, the use of donut rather than doughnuts.

And don't mention kids rather than children.... :angry::censored:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
[emoji38]ol:
An edit free reply on the correct thread .. always worth a good thumbing [emoji106]

On topic, as finding offence/claiming victim status has almost become a national pastime in recent years this latest example is no great surprise ... but this isn't any old offence this is M&S offence .... thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is your name Jane?

If it were, you might be more likely to take offence.

woosh.JPG

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I don’t remember anyone having a pop at Dexy’s Midnight Runners with their ‘Come on Eileen’.

I just wonder if Eileen minded? :whistle:

That's nothing.
My name is Gordon!

Should I make a claim?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Women who shop for food in M&S and Waitrose are SNOBS, they have that look about them.
I used to live near Waitrose in Sunningdale, it was off the scale, always sold out of Fois Gras and Dom Perignon, nightmare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here