Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Worthing vs Folkestone. Sat 15th Feb

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
5 of us heading over for the game. What time do you reckon we need to be in the ground to get on a bit of terrace with a roof?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get to the bar by 2 and watch through the window.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
C06CF8A1-D28C-4CD5-B821-3EC3A2D76229.jpeg
No, but you’ll need to be there early as I think those seats will be rather in demand today

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Bit of a shame really, both sides giving very little away, slightly fortuitous goal but there you go. Still very soggy, looking forward to some dry clothes and a warm dinner.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fantastic attendance and may have been more if not for the weather. The Brighton keeper on loan made an amazing save first half!

He looks too ...

...oh what's the word...

..too...

..nope it's gone, but I'm sure it'll come back to me.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Tough defeat, both defences on top but overall Folkestone just about edged it.
Missed opportunities in the last 2 weeks to open up an 8 point lead at the top.
A win on Wednesday at Lewes will be very welcome, weather permitting.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Well, mixed emotions about that.

My mum was born in Shoreham, grew up in Worthing & Lancing and had supported Brighton since she was 15. She took me to my first game at weeks old and didn’t miss a single game at Priestfield, went on every protest and dragged me along for good measure. 4 years ago she moved to Folkestone and has taken up supporting them due to failing out of love with football & the obvious distance problems.

I live in Worthing now and have taken in interest in the Mackerel Men. So seeming I hadn’t seen her in 6 months she decided to come down for the game, a drink & a catch up. As we were split between the two teams we stayed in the entire spot for the whole game. In the first half we were with the Folkestone fans behind the goal, and in the second half we were in with the Worthing ultras.

When Folkestone scored she clapped and said yay. Apparently this was enough for some absolute bellend to start shouting at her and calling her a c*nt. This to a woman who has pumped more money in to Sussex football than 95% of the people at that game or on this board. If anyone on here was any of the people who held me back from splattering that bellends face across the terrace then thank you. If any of you are the people who came to mine and my mums support afterwards, a few people came up and spoke to us, helped calm her down & put my mind at ease when I thought I’d be OTT:

My mum was pretty pissed by the end (in fact she stacked it waiting for her coach home :lolol:) but she really appreciated the people who checked on her after the game, even if she did just loudly tel everyone she was from Worthing and the result made the season interesting. She really appreciate it. So a really good day ruined by one absolute bellend.

Great atmosphere, enjoyable experience, good value but it’s a shame one **** can nearly ruin it all.

Oh and on the off chance the weapon he started on her is reading this; well done pal. Fair play for threatening a woman in her 50’s and then absolutely shutting yourself when a bloke turns round and has a word with you. The amount of people who laughed at you tells its own story

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Well, mixed emotions about that.

My mum was born in Shoreham, grew up in Worthing & Lancing and had supported Brighton since she was 15. She took me to my first game at weeks old and didn’t miss a single game at Priestfield, went on every protest and dragged me along for good measure. 4 years ago she moved to Folkestone and has taken up supporting them due to failing out of love with football & the obvious distance problems.

I live in Worthing now and have taken in interest in the Mackerel Men. So seeming I hadn’t seen her in 6 months she decided to come down for the game, a drink & a catch up. As we were split between the two teams we stayed in the entire spot for the whole game. In the first half we were with the Folkestone fans behind the goal, and in the second half we were in with the Worthing ultras.

When Folkestone scored she clapped and said yay. Apparently this was enough for some absolute bellend to start shouting at her and calling her a c*nt. This to a woman who has pumped more money in to Sussex football than 95% of the people at that game or on this board. If anyone on here was any of the people who held me back from splattering that bellends face across the terrace then thank you. If any of you are the people who came to mine and my mums support afterwards, a few people came up and spoke to us, helped calm her down & put my mind at ease when I thought I’d be OTT:

My mum was pretty pissed by the end (in fact she stacked it waiting for her coach home :lolol:) but she really appreciated the people who checked on her after the game, even if she did just loudly tel everyone she was from Worthing and the result made the season interesting. She really appreciate it. So a really good day ruined by one absolute bellend.

Great atmosphere, enjoyable experience, good value but it’s a shame one **** can nearly ruin it all.

Oh and on the off chance the weapon he started on her is reading this; well done pal. Fair play for threatening a woman in her 50’s and then absolutely shutting yourself when a bloke turns round and has a word with you. The amount of people who laughed at you tells its own story

Worthing ultra enough said. Don't forget not everyone likes Brighton around here and if some gimp in the North stand celebrated an away goal, I would get angry.

Sounds like the bloke was a **** though. Hope your mum is OK?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Worthing ultra enough said. Don't forget not everyone likes Brighton around here and if some gimp in the North stand celebrated an away goal, I would get angry.

Sounds like the bloke was a **** though. Hope your mum is OK?

To be fair. We were just to side of them so I don’t think he was with them and a lot of people around him were more than happy to take my side so everyone around agreed he was a whopper.

My mums fine. This is a woman who took me to Palace away when I was 7/8, bit of football Agro won’t out her off. I think she was more shook about me kicking off, I’m 6’4 but normally a gentle giant. Everyone’s got their triggers though. Just a really disappointing black mark on a good day.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I’m moving to Littlehampton soon and have decided I’ll be going along to Worthing a fair bit

What beers do they sell there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here