Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthing Rugby Union

Yoda

English & European
Won 31-19 after being 19-10 down! Good performance worthing!

Glad we were awake in the 2nd half. Silly tries to give away in the first half, if it weren't for their kicker missing 8 points in that 40 minutes alone, the game could have been over.

Still not quite sure how Charlie McGowan got MOTM, and even told his brother (and then Charlie) this tonight out in the town when I saw a few of the lads. (It is handy knowing a former team mate of theirs when doing this mind :wink: )

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
Fantastic win! 69-5. I stood behind the the goal which we were attacking in the second half, so I got a good view

69 points! Cant belive it!

Yoda

English & European
Raiders to take on London Wasps!

Worthing Raiders v London Wasps A
Sunday 29th August
KO 2.30pm - Gates Open at 12.30pm
Entrance £5

Yes you did read that correctly - One of the biggest clubs in world rugby, London Wasps at Roundstone Lane on the August Bank Holiday weekend in a Super Sunday pre season fixture.

Wasps, the first ever premier league side to come to Worthing, will be bringing their A team and a whole day of family and community fun is planned including;

Kids zone including bouncy castles and interactive games
Live Music and Show from Splash FM
Hog roasts and BBQ's
Heineken Village and Outdoor Bars with Beer promotions
TAG games and Masterclass coaching for kids
Launch of New Worthing Raiders Kit from Gilbert Rugby
Pre Match Hospitality with former Wasps legends
Post Match Music and BBQ

PRE MATCH HOSPITALITY AVAILABLE - Including Guest Chefs, x2 course Sunday Lunch, Match tickets, programmes, interviews with Coaches and players and Wasps Legends, Quiz and Entertainment - Only £30 per head.

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
Bump***

Right here we are again approaching the Worthing rugby season!

This year is my first full season as last year I started half way through.

Anyway how did they do against Wasps A team Yoda? I'm on holiday and the result isn't on the website yet. :(

First game is against Westcombe park at home on September the 4th, shall probably attend :)

Yoda

English & European
Thought that was a very nervy game today that should have been won more comfortably. Ref and touch judge (near side in the first half) were shocking. How they missed a blatant holding on in the first ten mintues by Old Albanians only 10 metres from their try line was the worst, but then 5 minutes later blowing up for offside AFTER Alex Neilson (who was my MotM for all his hard work and cleaver passes for at least two of the tries and the penalty try) had sprinted eyeballs out to play them onside was equally bad.

That was the only reason I can give for them making a brave decision in awarding us a penalty try when we were nearer the 22m than the 5m line.

Didn't seem to come out for the 2nd half as the first which allowed OA back into the game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've not been following WRFC, since a guy who played in the 1st, that I worked with relocated.
So in checking them out tonight I was really pleasantly surprised to see them comfortably upper mid table in the league.

But not only that playing in the same league a Jersey, do they get RFU money for that weekend travel?

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
Im a big Harlequins fan and Im never sure who to follow locally. There is Brighton, Lewes and Worthing. All I can say is I am really pleased to see some rugby fans on NSC!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
London Scottish have found their feet now.

3rd in the table with a decent victory against Cambridge. C'mon!

Manchester have lost all eleven of their games and conceded over 600 points. Not as bad as last season. :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here