Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthing Restaurants

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Indigo Restaurant at The Ardington Hotel is decent.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I have driven up the A24 millions of times and have always considered trying The Chardonnay at Washington but as yet havent done so. Any reports.

Very old worldy - classical style cooking.

Everything is pretty much covered in here that is decent and across all price brackets.

The Woods is a burger/beer place opening in Portland Road in 1st November. It looks pretty decent and hopefully does better than Cow Shed which never really hit the spot for me.

My niece and her husband swear by The Sylvan Oak but they took her mum and dad [wifes brother and his wife] and they werent very impressed and said there are better in Worthing. They said it was very pretentious and the food didnt live up to the standard that the restaurant appears to aim for

Shame the food wasn't good for them. I agree it is a little pretentious, but in an odd way, I think it's supposed to be.

Jul 7, 2003
The Woods is a burger/beer place opening in Portland Road in 1st November. It looks pretty decent and hopefully does better than Cow Shed which never really hit the spot for me.

I looked at the menu they posted online a couple of weeks ago and wasn't particularly impressed. It was very generic and nothing different in the toppings that made me think it was anything special (not that Worthing has a decent burger place).

It looks like Fernandos has finally opened. The menu is not what I was expecting. I was expecting 'faux Nandos' and while they do piri piri chicken, they also seem to do burgers, steak, pasta, panini, etc so seems like it lacks a bit of identity.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Ami Bistro is good, Giuseppes is better and Indigo's is probably the most upmarket. These are listed in ascending order of price accordingly.

Sylvan Oak is good but a long way from the centre of Worthing.

Food restaurant is ok but only if you like piano playing at a volume that makes talking virtually impossible.

My personal favourite is The Parsonage in Tarring which is cosy, good quality and good value.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I looked at the menu they posted online a couple of weeks ago and wasn't particularly impressed. It was very generic and nothing different in the toppings that made me think it was anything special (not that Worthing has a decent burger place).

It looks like Fernandos has finally opened. The menu is not what I was expecting. I was expecting 'faux Nandos' and while they do piri piri chicken, they also seem to do burgers, steak, pasta, panini, etc so seems like it lacks a bit of identity.

I hope it is decent as we do lack a decent burger place really. I'm a fan of Byron in London for this really so hopefully they can be similar.

Fernandos looks like an odd idea really, can only assume they didn't bank on Nando's opening so had to diversify a bit.

I think Sylvan Oak is decent for a nice night. I think they get it right between 'fancy' but don't overdo or complicate it. My mum and dad never really go out for a nice dinner but I bought them a meal for their anniversary and they loved it, even going back 4 weeks later which for them is unheard of unless it's Ask or Pizza Express! It's always full on a Saturday night too. Worth checking out

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Thank you everybody! Three or four stand out candidates it seems. I will check out the timings and availability, and maybe give some kind of review at a later date, although this may be more from Mrs WQW as I am not the greatest foodie.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Thank you everybody! Three or four stand out candidates it seems. I will check out the timings and availability, and maybe give some kind of review at a later date, although this may be more from Mrs WQW as I am not the greatest foodie.

More importantly, where are you watching the match before the fireworks?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Asking for the reccomendations of the good folks of NSC as I know not of eateries in this part of the world. Looking for Saturday 5th November after any firework shenanigans on the seafront for a top quality bit of grub, reasonably central would be advantageous. Take it away folks.....

Crabshack. Hands down best for fish and seafood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here