Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthing off this afternoon

Despite being passed fit by a local referee, the Jobsworth match offical wasn't happy with a patch of frost in front of the stand despite both teams being happy about it! Just as well he wasn't in charge at Withdean yesterday! Don't they have hosepipes at Woodside Road? :)

Once again, the wishes of the majority have been ignored by some idiot on a power trip!
:angry:

Oct 5, 2003
begs the question what the f*** is the point of getting a local ref to look 1st unless i suppose he says its off then the match ref doesnt need to inspect or would he anyway! understand Crawley was only just passed fit for similar reasons shortly before ko yesterday. Luckily i heard it on SCR as was thinking of see the game too.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I guess ultimatly it is down to the match ref. If anything goes wrong, like a serious injury then it will come back to him. Having said that if both teams were happy then I cannot see the problem. At the end of the day it is the fans that lose out. I recall going up to Halifax 3 times a few seasons back to play the league game. It only got played the 3rd time because it was the Thursday before the end of the season and short of playing it on the friday there was no other option. Though by that time we were already champions and the players were clapped on to the pitch by both the Halifax team and their fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here