Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthing Nightclubs

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Heard Worthing's a dive for a night out..

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Jock McGoogins special supper, 1 sausage and 5chips, or 1 fish finger and 5 chips. Lovely!

I can remember the bin piled high with uneaten suppers. Burnt fish fingers but still frozen in the middle. It was always that that made me throw up.........never the sixteen pints I had.

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
Just heart warming tales here lads but little help for there here and now!

Wandering goose I like but the beer choice upsets me - all too crafty and hoppy and pricey

Bar Ten looms worryingly

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Went to the Wondering Goose a few weeks ago and thought you the beers were really good, yes very crafty..but its a refreshing change for a town like Worthing..

I don t think JBs has changed for 15 years or so.. Still got the fetching yellow stained walls..

Unfortunately Bar Ten is prob your only bet... Good luck with that:)

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
Get down Rutherford's.

Bring back any memories??

1923731_22913811496_8187_n.jpg

1923731_22913951496_3692_n.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Went to the Wondering Goose a few weeks ago and thought you the beers were really good, yes very crafty..but its a refreshing change for a town like Worthing..

I don t think JBs has changed for 15 years or so.. Still got the fetching yellow stained walls..

Unfortunately Bar Ten is prob your only bet... Good luck with that:)

The Beachouse a hundred yards west is ok for a couple of pints and a early evening burger as well.
The Egremont has now had a major refurb, re-opened and is ok. Had APA and Plateau on the other night.

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
The Beachouse a hundred yards west is ok for a couple of pints and a early evening burger as well.
The Egremont has now had a major refurb, re-opened and is ok. Had APA and Plateau on the other night.

Indeed, the Beech House is great for food and ales.. The burgers are huge and really tasty..Sorry, diverting from the topic of the thread.. i think the owners of the BH have recently bought the Sunny Cafe near the rowing club at splash point and are, or have turned into a fish restaurant...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Indeed, the Beech House is great for food and ales.. The burgers are huge and really tasty..Sorry, diverting from the topic of the thread.. i think the owners of the BH have recently bought the Sunny Cafe near the rowing club at splash point and are, or have turned into a fish restaurant...

Yes I saw that the other night when strolling. It's up and running.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing

The owners of Wandering Goose also about to reopenwhat was Barneys in the middle of town, behind Boots - The Libertine I believe it's gonna be called. Nice to see the pub situation on the rise. As for post-pub, Worthing literally has nothing to recommend it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I remember going to a small nightclub opposite Worthing Pier, it was a basement club and the doorman made me sign in before he let me in. At the bottom of the stairs there was a small garden fish pond, it had a hand written notice saying " do not throw cigarette butts into the pond " :)
I only went there the once and this would have been around 1985.

Jul 7, 2003
I remember going to a small nightclub opposite Worthing Pier, it was a basement club and the doorman made me sign in before he let me in. At the bottom of the stairs there was a small garden fish pond, it had a hand written notice saying " do not throw cigarette butts into the pond " :)
I only went there the once and this would have been around 1985.

Sounds like the legendary Harrys Bar - last refuge of the alcoholic with nowhere else to go, women who could never pull anywhere else (full compliment of body parts appeared optional) and anyone else who didn't want to go home but couldn't get in anywhere else!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sounds like the legendary Harrys Bar - last refuge of the alcoholic with nowhere else to go, women who could never pull anywhere else (full compliment of body parts appeared optional) and anyone else who didn't want to go home but couldn't get in anywhere else!

I remember the fish pond but not the name of the club.
I was with a Scouser who seemed to know this club.The only other thing I recall is the DJ, he looked like a typical mobile DJ with a set of cheap flashing lights in front of his decks.

I think we couldn't get in anywhere else:smile:

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
Bar Ten better than expected

Doorman friendly, £2 door tax , like whole balcony situation

clearly to go on a regular basis would be pretty desperate but you just cannot f uck with a 15min walk home from anywhere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here