Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Worthing & Lancing A27 Bypass - New Report

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
If that's what it did then it would be fine.
But it's not.
I guess you would be in favour of leaving that stretch of the A27 for cars and building a specific HGV ONLY trunk road?

The plan is to make life easier for single occupancy 2 tonnes killing machines to move a distance of 3-5 miles a little quicker.
Thereby creating the desire for more of the said vehicles which in turn will create the need for yet another bypass.
(I write not only as a car driver, but a driver who's teaching his son to drive)

So, what is the answer then. You knock others back but don’t come up with a reasonable answer yourself.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
take it out over the channel run a bridge between the wind turbines that way save money on the concrete piles, job done this engineering is a piece of p155.

I have often thought using the shallow waters off our coast would make a perfect solution

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So, what is the answer then. You knock others back but don’t come up with a reasonable answer yourself.

That’s what wind bags do.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The answer is simple and hasn't changed from any of the other bazillion times I've written it.

Reduce car dependency.

If at midnight tonight it became illegal to drive a car for less than 5 miles we wouldn't need a bypass.

Active travel needs to be heavily funded (perhaps use the millions earmarked for this short stretch of road)
So that's bus, train, bike and walking.

Safe, secure, cheap.

Kids need to to walking/cycling to school.
Shopping needs to be local or delivered (I drive to the supermarket)
Buses need to be separated from 'traffic'.
The train needs to be cheaper - seriously cheaper.

Right now though if sub 5 mile journeys became illegal people would just drive 6 miles in order to go 2.
That's how dependant we all are on our cars.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Hopefully they'll leave enough room to build another one, 20 years after that.

MORE ROADS ISN'T THE ANSWER.

I'm completely against cars in city centres. More trains, more clean public transport, bike lanes everywhere. That's the future.

But in this case, the primary road along the south coast of England is not the same thing. I don't want more roads, but I want roads where roads should actually be.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm completely against cars in city centres. More trains, more clean public transport, bike lanes everywhere. That's the future.

But in this case, the primary road along the south coast of England is not the same thing. I don't want more roads, but I want roads where roads should actually be.

Through virgin countryside.:down:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
This is paralysis by committee. The only way the A27 will ever be materially improved is if there is some sort of 'Road Tsar' appointed in order to weight up the arguments then come up with the most pragmatic solution.

The section of road between Clapham and the Shoreham Flyover is depression in tarmac form.

The Chinese would have had this sorted in a couple of years.

Or the French. Compulsory purchase order for any dissenters. Kick them out and bonnet de duche Rodney.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Go f**k yourself.

You too. Why don't you give up your car and stop your kid from learning?

Set an example.

The vast majority of people that spout on about reducing car usage live in areas where it's true reliance is questionable but there's quite a few of us that live miles away from shops/doctors/hospitals/trains/bus routes. Cars are a life line.

Anyway put some real meat in the sandwich and we might agree.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
In the words of Chris Sutton “you are better than that”..may I suggest an edit whilst you can

Think I'm thick skinned enough to deal with a keyboard warrior.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I’m sure you are …I just think it’s totally unnecessary:)

Yes agree but self righteous people often resort to such rudeness. Becoming stroppy is part of their mantra, keep saying the same thing but never having a true constructive solution. I have always said to my family and the people I manage don't just come to me with a problem but come to me with a solution to an issue. Challenge the expected, think expansively and we'll see where it takes us. Show initiative. Just moaning shows lack of intelligence. Be empathetic and not just think of oneself.

How to solve the transport issue and the infrastructure needs collective thinking and yes there will be some heavily affected. New roads should be built and existing ones bettered, this may need people losing homes, land being bought but the issues we have in Sussex have been issues for over 4 decades, it's not new. Congestion is one thing but serving communities is another. As in my previous post the infrastructure to Hastings is so poor it keeps the town on poverty and one of the poorest in the country. In towns within centre limits should have completely free to use public transport, paid for by the council's. A parking tax put on all private carparks to offset the cost of transport. Free park and ride. Vehicle free zones, apart from public transport and permit holding service vehicles.

I also add all public transport should be in public ownership but run by properly paid business astute leaders, not politicians. All pay and conditions set by an independent authority with elected members and de-unionised.

There I've had a go.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You too. Why don't you give up your car and stop your kid from learning?

Set an example.

The vast majority of people that spout on about reducing car usage live in areas where it's true reliance is questionable but there's quite a few of us that live miles away from shops/doctors/hospitals/trains/bus routes. Cars are a life line.

If that is you then this has absolutely nothing to do with you.
I don't know for a fact because I have absolutely no knowledge of you and your circumstances.

In much the same way you have zero knowledge of me, and how I choose to use my feet, bikes, car and trains.
But not buses - were it not for P&R I won't have been on a bus, in England, for the best part of 30 years

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here