Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthing Hotels

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I am coming over for a wedding in Worthing in June and have been trying to find reasonable (cheap) accommodation. Does anyone know if there is anything like Travelodge/Travel Inn or anything like that kind of thing around the area?.

I keep coming up with either expensive hotels of B&B's, which I don't like much but there doesn't seem to be any pub type things that you might find in other towns in the UK.

Thanks in advance

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
rool said:
I am coming over for a wedding in Worthing in June and have been trying to find reasonable (cheap) accommodation. Does anyone know if there is anything like Travelodge/Travel Inn or anything like that kind of thing around the area?.

I keep coming up with either expensive hotels of B&B's, which I don't like much but there doesn't seem to be any pub type things that you might find in other towns in the UK.

Thanks in advance

But it's a seaside town so it's mostly seafront B&Bs and Hotels. Not sure how expensive they are. I can't think of any chain type hotel, like Travelodge anywhere. Anywhere near the centre of town on the seafront would be most expensive I guess - you could try some nearer the east end, nearer the Half Brick pub, I would think they would be cheaper.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
if you are over for a while, do you want to meet up for a drink?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If you stayed at The Burlington on the seafront you could pop into the disco downstairs after the main event. It was called Tides, now it's called Seven, I believe...

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:
if you are over for a while, do you want to meet up for a drink?

Hi Dave

That would be good. Not sure about the schedule yet but we are coming over on the 14th, wedding on 15th and travel back on the 16th. I'll PM you nearer the time.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Re: Re: Worthing Hotels

Tricky Dicky said:
But it's a seaside town so it's mostly seafront B&Bs and Hotels. Not sure how expensive they are. I can't think of any chain type hotel, like Travelodge anywhere. Anywhere near the centre of town on the seafront would be most expensive I guess - you could try some nearer the east end, nearer the Half Brick pub, I would think they would be cheaper.

I know what you mean but there does seem to be a lack of the types of places you find elsewhere beside Harvesters or in Wetherspoons and things like that. I don't like B&B's as I find them too personal.

Brighton has, for example, chain hotels, expensive hotels, B&Bs and then things like premier lodge and travel lodge. Much bigger market I suppose.

Thanks anyway chaps :thumbsup:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
rool said:

Thanks in advance

www.google.co.uk

its amazing what you can find :lol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
cheers kev

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BTW Oh curly wurly one

Whatever happened to the lady you accused me of looking down her chest at the Swann?

:angel: :angel: :angel:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:
BTW Oh curly wurly one

Whatever happened to the lady you accused me of looking down her chest at the Swann?

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Oh you mean my wife :lolol: , and it was the other David who was the culprit. Still :)lolol: ) you have to let the boss get away with it

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
what ever happened to him?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Dave the Gaffer said:
what ever happened to him?
Kev probably did one of his legendary tackles and he was never to be seen again.

Jul 7, 2003
Nearest Travellodge is a fairly scummy one out on the Rustington/Littlehampton border. There is a Comfort Inn at Crossbush which is meant to be better but probably too far out of town.

Chapmans own Highdown Towers (formerly Sterns) which has nice rooms but may be a bit pricey. John Henry's at Findon is also meant to be quite nice. Unfortunatley in town it is either the old hotels or B&B's. The old Chapmans pub used to do cheap rooms but as this is above the pub/nightclub and opposite the station/taxi rank I wouldn't recommend it for a good night's kip!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
We had our Christmas Party at the Ardington in the Steyne a few years ago, those that stayed over said it was a bit grannish but very neat and clean for the money.

There is a best western on the seafront if you want something chain and cheap, although you're coming in high season so finding anything on the internet now will be virtually impossible. I'd be calling them direct.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Oddly enough I had occaision to stay in Worthing last weekend, I stayed at the Grand Victorian (formerly Chapmans) Hotel directly opposite the station. Room was £45.oo per night and this included free entry into the 2 nightclubs next door and obviously late drinks in the pub downstairs, I thought it was very reasonable as well as clean and friendly.

Have stayed in other hotels there before and reckon this one is the best all round package.

And I was at withers for the Forest game.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here