[Football] Worthing fc

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Only 125 available in person this morning with a max of 2 tickets per person. Although they're urging people to just buy one if they only need one as they'll be quite a few toward the back of the queue left disappointed

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It’s a shame but given Worthings limited resources, the short notice and at least historically that POTG was prominent way of walk up attendees difficult to be really ‘fair’

Both clubs come out of this ticket fiasco very badly. Allowing Worthing STHs one ticket each but giving the general sale the chance to buy 4 wasn't a great idea. With the option for STHs to buy 2 I'm confident the vast majority of spares would have been passed onto genuine fans.

Braintree didn't, or weren't given the option to put their allocation up for sale themselves. Instead their 400ish allocation was a total free for all with no priority at all to their STHs.

With only 1800ish tickets up for grabs yesterday some were always going to miss out but the whole debacle has left plenty of genuine Worthing supporters without tickets.
My thoughts exactly regarding the STH v General Sale ticket limits. This has all been unprecedented - Sunday was the first sold out home game for most in living memory - for the club and lessons will hopefully be learnt.

Some sort of MA+ scheme as @Whitechapel mentioned should be a prioirty for next season. Not only more income for the club - which will be important if we get promoted and fans can no longer drink in view of the pitch - but there are so many fans who went through our worst days that don't live here now and would pay to be part of a scheme like that.
Only 125 available in person this morning with a max of 2 tickets per person. Although they're urging people to just buy one if they only need one as they'll be quite a few toward the back of the queue left disappointed
For this reason I'm only getting one now. Can't be that far away from you as got here at a similar time. Am wearing the old school scarf and Away Boys hoodie.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
[/QUOTE]
This is the polite version of what I would have replied. Spot on as always Jack. Especially after one of the most upsetting and angry evenings for many of my friends who go almost every week but, for whatever reason because of life circumstances, couldn't justify a Season ticket and has missed out tonight. People that genuinely love the club and aren't piggybacking on our biggest day ever, to then dissappear after. Some have got lucky because our group have spares, others are still waiting and may be left on the outside looking in on the big day. A travesty.

Having said that, polite is going out the window. It will impact the atmosphere because I imagine many of the younger element of our support - who stepped up massively from 2:30pm onwards on Sunday and never stopped singing all game - will have missed out on tickets. Will those turning up for a one day jolly at Woodside without any intention of coming back again be filling in and learning the songbook? I doubt it.

Some posting about their glory hunting day out on Monday should think twice before such flippant posting about such an emotional subject. Or perhaps re-asses their conscience, consider whether they truly need to go and maybe message one of the Worthing fan groups and offer to sell their ticket.

Can I ask how some of your group have spares ??

Isn’t that part of the problem, people bulk buying tickets ?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If anything sums up the unprecented interest, the General Manager has told us that at least 5k were on the website trying for tickets last night.
And there will be others like me who didn’t join that bun-fight as I’ll be away and would have been after 2 or 3 tickets otherwise.

This really is a wake up call for the club about ticketing for big games. They were very nearly full against Bath, which was on TV. There were always going to be more wanting playoff tickets this season as interest has been growing fast. They needed to have thought about how to distribute them.

I always buy on line as it’s cheaper. I don’t know what the split is, but even prioritising those who regularly buy that way would have ensured more went to the right people. How they sort the walk up regulars is anyone’s guess.

They seem to have panicked and rushed the sales for both playoff games when they didn’t need to.

The club have got most things right for many years. I’m sure that lessons will be learnt here. I’ll certainly be happy to pay a MyWorthing+ membership next season like others on here have said, too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It’s a shame but given Worthings limited resources, the short notice and at least historically that POTG was prominent way of walk up attendees difficult to be really ‘fair’
That's the crux isn't it?

A lot of the non-STH regulars will have been paying cash to get in, and the club will have no data-driven way to identify them.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That's the crux isn't it?

A lot of the non-STH regulars will have been paying cash to get in, and the club will have no data-driven way to identify them.
It's a fair point, however, all the games I went to this season and last season I bought tickets on Ticketpass, there could have been a window for those with a previous purchase history there. Hey ho, I only did half a dozen or so games this season, at least the STHs all got a ticket.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's a fair point, however, all the games I went to this season and last season I bought tickets on Ticketpass, there could have been a window for those with a previous purchase history there. Hey ho, I only did half a dozen or so games this season, at least the STHs all got a ticket.
Well, you'd have been alright (Jack), but you can absolutely guarantee that had they done a purchase history window for folk like you, there would be a load of people who'd only ever Paid-on-the-Day saying "That's not fair - I've been to most/all games and always paid on the day because at no point did you indicate I'd have priority had I bought in advance. Had you said that before now, I would have done that."

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Can I ask how some of your group have spares ??

Isn’t that part of the problem, people bulk buying tickets ?

I’m not sure groups of die hard Worthing fans making sure other die hard Worthing fans have tickets is quite as bad as somebody who has been to Woodside Road once (or not at all) blagging tickets because they fancy a jolly up now it’s a big game.

I’m not sure groups of die hard Worthing fans making sure other die hard Worthing fans have tickets is quite as bad as somebody who has been to Woodside Road once (or not at all) blagging tickets because they fancy a jolly up now it’s a big game.
Nail on head. We look after our own.

Any "spares" aren't spares. They're people helping make sure others who've been all season who had issues getting on didnt miss out.

Well, you'd have been alright (Jack), but you can absolutely guarantee that had they done a purchase history window for folk like you, there would be a load of people who'd only ever Paid-on-the-Day saying "That's not fair - I've been to most/all games and always paid on the day because at no point did you indicate I'd have priority had I bought in advance. Had you said that before now, I would have done that."
This is almost verbatim what I was told this morning by one of the club officials.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Thats why they've done a hundred or so tickets this morning for people who do pay on the gate.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Can I ask how some of your group have spares ?? Isn’t that part of the problem, people bulk buying tickets ?

I can attest for @Vatican Citys No.2 Keeper considering he's been home and away a lot this season, with an organised group who arrange the flags and banners every game, who probably know who the regulars are when there are 400-500 people on a tuesday, not when people fancy a jolly along to the play off game (biggest game in their history).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A MyAlbion+ type scheme might be good going forward. I can’t commit to a season ticket but would happily give Worthing £30 a season for a priority window after ST holders. You could even stagger that. Buy it before the season starts and be in the second bracket, buy it before January 1st for third bracket. Jan 1st-March 31st for bracket 3 and then anybody after that goes in before the general public.
If you were setting up some kind of membership scheme, solely for priority ticketing purposes (and not as a revenue stream) then there would be no need to charge anything like £30, either.

It could be just a tenner - low enough that anyone with a genuine interest would happily pay it, but enough that nobody disinterested (at the start of a season, before any BDO came along) would think to cough up.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Nail on head. We look after our own.

Any "spares" aren't spares. They're people helping make sure others who've been all season who had issues getting on didnt miss out.

So, just so I’m clear. Loyal fans have been buying multiple tickets to pass on to other loyal fans who weren’t able to get tickets themselves?

If this is the case then what’s the problem?

By “looking after your own” then surely nobody is going to miss out ?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If you were setting up some kind of membership scheme, solely for priority ticketing purposes (and not as a revenue stream) then there would be no need to charge anything like £30, either.

It could be just a tenner - low enough that anyone with a genuine interest would happily pay it, but enough that nobody disinterested (at the start of a season, before any BDO came along) would think to cough up.
In fairness should Worthing get promoted they will lose a big revenue stream as you will no longer be allowed to drink in sight of the pitch. As a casual fan who goes when the Albion aren't playing I'd be happy to pay for such a scheme to help with the cashflow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports