Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Worthing fc

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Assume players will go full time if promoted. Are there many players at Worthing who are late 20s plus and would not want to go FT
not necessarily, there are part time teams in the national league. Can become problematic though especially with long away games. However the increase in costs associated with going full time are large obviously

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Having now seen the other angle of the goal from the stream - can’t imagine what would have happened if Pearce hadn’t scored. Danny Cashman was in acres of space

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
not necessarily, there are part time teams in the national league. Can become problematic though especially with long away games. However the increase in costs associated with going full time are large obviously
Distance factor is true to a degree. However in National League South there are plenty of treks to the West Country. Whilst the likes of Gateshead, Hartlepool and Flyde would be a pain especially in midweek, there is a decent ratio of local-ish teams in the National League to balance it out. Eastleigh, Sutton, Aldershot, Woking, Barnet, Maidenhead, Dagenham & R, Southend, Wealdstone, Ebbsfleet plus Bromley if they don't win their play off final. Most of the potential northern and midland teams are at least close to motorway access. Probably more accessible than the likes of Weston-Super-Mare, Truro and Torquay.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
More interest in Worthing/Hassocks/Burgess Hill currently, than BHA.
Gonna say, is it bad that I'm tempted to not bother with the Villa game and do the play off final instead?

Low level glory hunter...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They're on different days aren't they?
Yes but when you are married and have small and demanding children you sometimes have to pick and choose your moments to bugger off to the footy for the afternoon...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I notice that one of Worthing's youngsters, Zac Jeanes, is on trial at Southampton currently. He started for the Saints U-18s in their 2-0 defeat to Albion on Saturday, his second game for them.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I didn’t realise there was a slope at Worthing? Thought the pitch was flat. Otherwise, thanks for the report!
We were standing just past halfway and it definitely felt like Maidstone were playing down the slope, with the wind behind second half. Might have just been the wind that made it so. Or the way we were standing. Or the beer :lolol:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Can’t believe I have to chance it with everyone else.

I’ve had a BN postcode for ages and everything.
There are people I work with who have been going to Woodside Road for years and were caught out by how quickly the semi-final tickets sold out.

There was a lot of angst in the office last week about JCLs that made me pleased I hadn't got one myself, having only moved to this parish 18 months ago.

Really hope they win on Monday. The atmosphere is good down there with 1,500 attendances, so Conference National would be great, I reckon.

The only problem is going to be out-growing the ground if they continue on the current trajectory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here