Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Worthing FC

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Thinking of popping along on December 16 for the home game with Maidstone United.

If anyone has been there recently, are there any top tips in terms of where to go in the stadium, seating or standing, parking etc?

Thanks.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Less of a stadium- more of a ground.
Plenty of street parking available locally if you arrive early.
Good choice of beer which you can drink whilst watching. Just don't throw your plastic cup into the air should Worthing score!!!!!
Once in the ground you can stand where you like. Away supporters may be segregated but that does not always happen.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
You can go anywhere you like if it is a non-segregated game. Swap ends at half time if you like. Nice outdoor bar as you come in and a clubhouse in the main stand also. Plenty of good food options too, for me the vegan pasty they have in the terrace kiosk is magnificent.

I can thoroughly recommend Woodside Road. Enjoy

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
loads of free street parking near to the stadium

once in you can move around freely, there's only one seated stand which is covered and has good views as it's raised, otherwise it's all standing

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
It’s very walkable from the train station too. I’d personally get the train over, have a couple of pints in the Brookstead or at the ground. Although of course this isn’t great advice if you don’t drink or live miles from a station.

As others have stated, there’s one stand with seating that’s covered, there’s then a terrace behind one of the goals and a smaller terrace behind the dugout.

I think there’s only been a handful of games segregated since I’ve been going. I really don’t think Maidstone will be so you should be fine to stand wherever.

Normally a cracking day out at Worthing, so enjoy.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
It’s very walkable from the train station too. I’d personally get the train over, have a couple of pints in the Brookstead or at the ground. Although of course this isn’t great advice if you don’t drink or live miles from a station.

As others have stated, there’s one stand with seating that’s covered, there’s then a terrace behind one of the goals and a smaller terrace behind the dugout.

I think there’s only been a handful of games segregated since I’ve been going. I really don’t think Maidstone will be so you should be fine to stand wherever.

Normally a cracking day out at Worthing, so enjoy.
I was just going to say it's very easy to walk to from the train station.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
if it's not raining my favourite spot is on the side that has the dugouts. Few rows of terracing, close to a bar and toilet and you can hear the managers swearing

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Less of a stadium- more of a ground.
Plenty of street parking available locally if you arrive early.
Good choice of beer which you can drink whilst watching. Just don't throw your plastic cup into the air should Worthing score!!!!!
Once in the ground you can stand where you like. Away supporters may be segregated but that does not always happen.
Indeed, there are very few non-league grounds that can really be called stadiums. There again that's part of the attraction of the non league game really. being able to just waltz up to the turnstiles whenever you like, pay in cash if that's tour thing, no Apple or Google wallets needed for entry here! Pick and choose where you want to stand or sit, enjoy a pint whilst watching the game, a bit like watching the Albion 30 years ago!

Last edited:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Being non-league fans usually stand behind the opposition goal and swap ends at half time.
correct

at Worthing this is usually the younger more vocal fans. Along with the uncovered side at Woodside I also quite like standing in the uncovered section behind the goal in the North East corner. I admire the enthusiasm of the young lot who make a fair bit of noise but am probably too introverted to actually stand with them

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's gone a bit poncey in the last couple of years, beer prices have shot up, as has the admission cost and to cap it all, they stopped doing their own cheap and cheerful Burgers and Hotdogs....and got an " Artisan " Burger booth in that costs twice as much and you have to wait ages for.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
b
It's gone a bit poncey in the last couple of years, beer prices have shot up, as has the admission cost and to cap it all, they stopped doing their own cheap and cheerful Burgers and Hotdogs....and got an " Artisan " Burger booth in that costs twice as much and you have to wait ages for.
beer yes- they used to boast of having the cheapest pint in Worthing but doubt that's the case now. Price of everything went up when they got promoted really

the kiosk in the south east corner still does cheap burgers though, I got one at the Truro game and they seemed to come in a frozen block of 12 which is always a good sign

You can go anywhere you like if it is a non-segregated game. Swap ends at half time if you like. Nice outdoor bar as you come in and a clubhouse in the main stand also. Plenty of good food options too, for me the vegan pasty they have in the terrace kiosk is magnificent.

I can thoroughly recommend Woodside Road. Enjoy

Absolutely back the shout for the Vegan pasty. Phat Pasty Co. do the best food I've had at football that isn't provided by Pigets Pantry in my book. Am a meat eater, but will often opt for that Vegan option because it's that good. Really rate the Sausage rolls as well!

correct

at Worthing this is usually the younger more vocal fans. Along with the uncovered side at Woodside I also quite like standing in the uncovered section behind the goal in the North East corner. I admire the enthusiasm of the young lot who make a fair bit of noise but am probably too introverted to actually stand with them

Completely understandable, as parts of the Woodside end shed end up a bit rowdier with the youth element, but the older teens have learnt where the line is and do a good job passing the behaviour/culture expected when standing with the Away Boys down to the even younger ones. Always a few of us around a little older that are more than up for chatting on matchday if anyone ever wanted to come amongst us for a game - feel free to ping me a PM.

Atmosphere down the far end will hopefully pick up even more once the new covered terrace - plus cover for the North East section of the Woodside Road terrace - is in place. Planning permission was granted last month and hopefully work putting it all in place is beginning around the turn of the New Year (don't quote me on that though!)

Calling most of the above points "poncey" is completely unfair IMO.

- Yes the price of beer has gone up, but hasn't it for most establishments serving alcohol in the last few years? To their credit, the club have been trying to get people in through the bar at recent games with happy hours at certain times before and after kick off to coincide with televised games, which is a nice touch for those who want to get in early/hang around after. Will add that for those who like not having to wait long for a drink, the addition of the shipping container bar has been a godsend to getting served within a minute or so the last two seasons.

- Admission Prices - we charged the average price for entry at Isthmian Prem level (£12) and then got promoted to National South and have charged around the going rate that almost every club at this level do - £15 last season, gone up to £16 this season. That's not a fair stick to beat the club with because you're paying for a higher tier and quality of football now. Exception to that pricing is the odd few like Torquay, who charged over £20 when we went there in August!

- The rotating rogues gallery of guest food vendors is the only one I'll agree was a misstep. They tried something, definitely didn't work because of the price the external vendors charged, especially - as mentioned above - with the range of Pasty products in the club Kitchen being so good. They've binned those off.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Thankfully the hotdog and burger policy has been reversed old boy.

The artisans and their 12 quid hot dogs have disappeared back down Pavilion Road 😂

Unfortunately the same can’t be said for the bar prices 🙈

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Absolutely back the shout for the Vegan pasty. Phat Pasty Co. do the best food I've had at football that isn't provided by Pigets Pantry in my book. Am a meat eater, but will often opt for that Vegan option because it's that good. Really rate the Sausage rolls as well!
I rate the pasties at Woodside Road above Piglets at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here