Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthing FC: Paralysed footballer now owns club

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He's brought some much needed stability to the club after years of financial problems. Good on him.

Yes, Morty's dog's food bill meant they were pawpers for years.

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
Worthing haven't paid their players at all for a few months. Amazing that they kept a half decent squad and nearly made the playoffs.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
George is a great bloke and played with Junior in the Worthing U18s and good on him re-investing in his hometown club.

Under Barry Lloyd Worthing were one of tge high payers if wages in Sussex is this still so, I would assume not. I would think Burgess Hill come well up on the list but dont really know.

They have done very well this season hence I asked who are the big wage payers, is it wrong to think based on this seasons success Burgess Hill would pay quite well.

Surprisingly in fact, for a large portion of the season the players and (I believe) Hinsh have being playing/coaching for free. This is because of said financial issues that could have led to the club going out of business, with George's takeover saving the club from that fate.

Believe most took a pay cut down earlier in the season, with the players/staff eventually playing for free. Since that first cut it's been a a very young team that has taken the club to within touching distance of the play-offs. A remarkable achievement given what's happened off the pitch, and after years of uncertainty over the club's future things look to be bright going forward!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here