Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WORST song by The Smiths

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ah, trick question.
Oh, Morrissey, if only everyone could be as clever as us and get the irony. Us Poets Corner people wake in the morning and the first thing we all say to each other is "Do we all still love the Smiths".

Strange post. I don't think anyone on here thinks they're cleverer than you for liking the Smiths.

We love the racist, fascist nutty singer so much that Shirley there cannot be a bad song.

Rant over. Deep breaths and count to 10.

This thread is full of Smiths fans listing their worst song, your rant is misplaced (and odd).

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
This thread is full of Smiths fans listing their worst song, your rant is misplaced (and odd).

My rant is misplaced. The rant is based upon Left of centre people having to tell the world that they love Morrissey when he has shadows of racism, fascism and is certainly nutty.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My rant is misplaced. The rant is based upon Left of centre people having to tell the world that they love Morrissey when he has shadows of racism, fascism and is certainly nutty.

Fair dos. I'm right of centre and love Morrissey's music but believe he's also probably racist and definitely a tedious bore.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

I think you will find Morrissey is alot further left wing than you think. To sing about Irish Blood, English heart or Bengali in platforms does not make you racist I think your missing the point.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Haven't heard Golden Lights but judging by the thread I think I'll give it a miss.

Meat is Murder takes the crown for me, utter drivel.

mozzer59

Jun 16, 2015
It's funny that 'Work is a four letter word' and 'Golden Lights' are generally considered the worst tracks by The Smiths! They are both covers! 'Work....was a Cilla Black song and Golden lights was by Twinkle!

mozzer59

Jun 16, 2015
I can't listen to Suffer Little Children, but that's only because of the subject matter

Morrissey took a battering in the press after Suffer Little Children had it's first outing! However, after meeting Ann West and explaining how important he felt the song was they become close friends! The lyrics are thought provoking along side a beautiful piece of music! (I am actually a Gillingham fan who joined your forum to comment on Cody McDonald, but The Smiths has taken the limelight)

Morrissey took a battering in the press after Suffer Little Children had it's first outing! However, after meeting Ann West and explaining how important he felt the song was they become close friends! The lyrics are thought provoking along side a beautiful piece of music! (I am actually a Gillingham fan who joined your forum to comment on Cody McDonald, but The Smiths has taken the limelight)

Indeed, also bearing in mind when it was released it was only about 15/20 years after the fact

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here