Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst regional accent

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
Has to be Birmingham .

I've no problem with a Yorkshire accent ( Yorkshire attitudes are a different thing altogether ) And I'm from Lancashire.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Really? They all sound the same to me.

Leeds is different from Sheffield, which is different to Barnsley, which is different to Doncaster,and Hull is worst of the lot.

I don't particularly like a London accent, not the true East End but the lazy type of accent with an f for th.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Adrian Chiles.

The brummie accent as a whole is bearable. But Chile's seems to have a particularly annoying, punchable face and voice.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Glaswegian (like Kenny Dalgleish)
The horrible scouse one (like Rooneys wife)
Manchester (whining accent for whining people)
Bristol
West London (there is a difference and its 'orrible)
Sussex
Janner

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Leeds is different from Sheffield, which is different to Barnsley, which is different to Doncaster,and Hull is worst of the lot.

The oddest one is Dewsbury. It's only a small place but has a distinctive accent all of its own - even an outsider like me could recognise that someone came from Dewsbury.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's Dudlie.

A man goes into a Black Country vintage clothing shop wanting a 70s suit for a fancy dress party. He tries on a nice flared suit and a big collared brown shirt. The shop owner says "would you like a kipper tie?" "Thanks. Two sugars plaaayz" is the reply.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

I don't particularly like a London accent, not the true East End but the lazy type of accent with an f for th.

I know that really, I was being deliberately obtuse.

I quite like the Sheffield accent. Huddersfield is revolting, and I'm not a fan of the Donny accent either. Leeds is bloody awful. Hull? I don't know if I've ever heard it spoken. I will listen closely tomorrow.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Can't abide a strong scouse accent. Quite accustomed to northern accents now I've been in Leeds a couple of years.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I really don't like the brummy accent with a scouse accent a close second. This only applies to blokes mind. The worst female accent is chav

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here