Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst referee performance I have ever seen

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Thats about the third time I have seen that photo and I'm still not sure what point people are making by posting it.

Im not commenting on the tackle, but where's the photo of the player with his hands around Barnes neck? That makes it a fairer debate!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No offence, but that still photo proves nothing either way. That could show Barnes stamping on their guy, or jumping to avoid a poor challenge the other way.

When being challenged like that it is best to jump out of the way and not get injured.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Im not commenting on the tackle, but where's the photo of the player with his hands around Barnes neck? That makes it a fairer debate!

I thought he was going to book both of them but when their guy got off scot free, that's when I realised he was only here to take the piss.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I thought he was going to book both of them but when their guy got off scot free, that's when I realised he was only here to take the piss.

I honestly thought he had sent their player off. I actually thought it was a 50-50 challenge, worst case scenario, Barnes at fault but when he was manhandled, is that not retaliation?

How can anyone say it was an average performance by the Ref? TWICE, on Barnes then El-Abd (or possibly Tarrico) an opposition player had their hands round our players neck! TWICE we were booked. Ashley was sent off and I think Tarrico got yellow carded for 'protesting'. Not to mention another load of catastrophic decisions (The ref dissalowed Greer's goal for a push on nobody). Plus Burnley were on the end of some awful decisions, namely when Casper saved a shot in the top right corner (or left corner in the away end) which led me to shout "top save" only for the linesman to award US a goal kick. It was an abomination out there today. I though Greer should have walked us of the pitch. DISGRACEFUL.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Awful opening 20min for ref never seen such a bad display ruined the game, apparently 4th official and linesmen got into a heated debate when our first player got sent off.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The tackle on Barnes was a clear red as it was an obvious two footed tackle. I didn't see the Vincelot one but by the sounds of it both players raised their hands. How the ref can send off both of our players but dish out no punishment to the Burnley players is beyond belief.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
(The ref dissalowed Greer's goal for a push on nobody).

Dunk pushed their center half in the back. As poor as the referee was, that one was blatant, I had a perfect view, and was the correct decision, otherwise would've easily cleared the ball away..
Still doesn't excuse the fact he was awful.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The tackle on Barnes was a clear red as it was an obvious two footed tackle. I didn't see the Vincelot one but by the sounds of it both players raised their hands. How the ref can send off both of our players but dish out no punishment to the Burnley players is beyond belief.

Yes their bloke did a 2 footed tackle and didn't even get SPOKEN to or a YELLOW.. The ref robbed us today and anyone who says different is just trying to be holier than thou and different. The fact is even if our reds were 'deserved' than they should have had 2 off as well - and we'd have won comfortably.

Dunk pushed their center half in the back. As poor as the referee was, that one was blatant, I had a perfect view, and was the correct decision, otherwise would've easily cleared the ball away..
Still doesn't excuse the fact he was awful.

I have to admit I thought he was stumbling back and reached his arms out to balance if you see what I mean? Hence why his header spooned into Greer's path. I am probably wrong and may also be getting a few phases of play mixed up in my head.

Yes their bloke did a 2 footed tackle and didn't even get SPOKEN to or a YELLOW.. The ref robbed us today and anyone who says different is just trying to be holier than thou and different. The fact is even if our reds were 'deserved' than they should have had 2 off as well - and we'd have won comfortably.

I agree with this entirley. I often sit in the stands and try and see things from the ref/oppositions perspective or basically the person on the end of the abuse. I have done this many a time today and each time come to the conclusion that the decision ruled on Barnes was an aboration. How, just f***ing HOW!!! Can anybody say that the player who had his hands towards Barnes's throat and DID two foot him not be deserving of a sodding yellow card???

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
What I saw of the second card, Barnes had to go. I know people will say that because I dont rate Barnes, but he pulled out of the challange and lashed out. He had to go, but also the Burnley player had to go as well, and didnt even get a talking to. I never saw teh Vincelot "punch" but enough people were saying he did it and had to be sent off.

Again, I think the most annoying part is the 4th official getting invloved, yet other times they stand there like a spare prick at a wedding and do nothing.

Also puzzled as to why the Burnley player got a yellow for raising his hands to El Abd. There was nothing in it, but its either a "get on with it" or a red card.

The official were absolutely shocking and really were not up to it, espiecally the ref and 4th official. But I think you'll find both reds were right, and then they could and should have had one or two sent off as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here