Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Pub

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Cupids Hill Inn in Grosmont........the old boy that ran it was also the local undertaker, he used the pool table for the embalming (to be fair he did put a cover on it first). The beer used to trickle out of the pump at a rate of one pint per five minutes, the scrumpy cider was very 'rural'. To be fair it was a fairly unique old pub.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
In Bradford, can't remember name of pub but I was working not far away until 11pm ish, so didn't want to drive back. Booked this Inn, thought be handy for a couple of beers after work and then sleep. Parked in a very dimly lit car park and got to the front of the pub and 3 guys standing in the doorway glaring. "Evening Guys" and walked past as they fell other totally out of their heads. Got inside, bar stacked with smoke and a few people in there and all look off their faces. Got shown to my room upstairs, still had all the nicotine stans and god knows what else in the room. Thought f*** it, I am going home. Went to the car park to get the car and there were two prossies selling their wares, I didn't partake. Shot of up the road and stoped at a petrol station, it had a huge sign, saying LOCK YOUR DOORS!

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
The Cliftonville in George St Hove. Other than low Wetherspoon prices, I cannot possibly see why it would be liked.
It's a souless bungalow, with some very sad and older patrons with big drink problems.

Worst food:
A surprising one, as some rate this place - The Bull Inn between Henfield & Shermanbury.
Oven chips congealed together, a strong suspicion of microwaving, bland puddings that are obviously bought in, and mains like lasagne and steak pie in very thick ceramic dishes leaving just half a dozen mouthfuls.

There is so so much better around in Brighton and the surrounding countryside.

Last edited:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
What was the name of that pub next to Charlton station. We were advised that this was the 'away' pub. Grief, one of the worst I've ever been in.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Cliftonville in George St Hove. Other than low Wetherspoon prices, I cannot possibly see why it would be liked.
It's a souless bungalow, with some very sad and older patrons with big drink problems.

With you on this. It's a horribly depressing place. The small square tables across the back of the room where single men sit is grim. The domestic violence help line number on the way out is grimer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In Bradford, can't remember name of pub but I was working not far away until 11pm ish, so didn't want to drive back. Booked this Inn, thought be handy for a couple of beers after work and then sleep. Parked in a very dimly lit car park and got to the front of the pub and 3 guys standing in the doorway glaring. "Evening Guys" and walked past as they fell other totally out of their heads. Got inside, bar stacked with smoke and a few people in there and all look off their faces. Got shown to my room upstairs, still had all the nicotine stans and god knows what else in the room. Thought f*** it, I am going home. Went to the car park to get the car and there were two prossies selling their wares, I didn't partake. Shot of up the road and stoped at a petrol station, it had a huge sign, saying LOCK YOUR DOORS!

Wasnt The Beehive was it?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Seriously, why do people do that to pubs?? I've been in the industry since I was 16 (started as a potwash!!), and more and more often people are turning proper pubs into metrosexual shitholes. Why would anyone hang garden tools on a f***ing wall?

Quite.

[yt]aGeFZzd0yUI[/yt]

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Pompey used to have more than its fair share of bad pubs,The Ideal,The Yorkshire Grey,where the I.R.A hat was passed round,The blue Anchor,but the worst/best was The Mighty Fine in Commercial Road, a real experience.Completely blacked out,clientele out of the walking dead,I used to love it.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
he lives in the philippines.

Philippines, Thailand, Timbuckto, I know it was somewhere out that way, not that i'm an expert on world locations. Only met the guy a few times and when I say met, I just mean in passing. I'm not the type of bloke to be over impressed with all that crap tbh, but each to their own, never done me no harm.

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
The Bear (?) in Nuneaton, near the old football ground. I don't think I've ever been in such a depressing pub. Just four nicotine-stained walls, crap tasteless lager on sale and about as welcoming as a dose of rabies. That pub along with one in Hull near the old Boothferry Park ground that had a hooligan firm named after it; the Silver Cod.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The Spanker in Belper, Derbyshire. The stolen meat raffle is quite the spectacle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here