Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst pub in Sussex

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
What's the worst pub in Sussex for you?

The Sportsman for me, over priced drinks & dodgy food!!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Sir Timothy Shelley (JD Wetherspoon) in Worthing. Full of old men drinking one half-pint all day long with a good mix of unemployed louts thrown in for good measure. Aside from that, you can't see more than 2ft in front of you for the smoke and the bar maid who served me the one time I went in there was the most miserable (and unattractive) cow around.

Don't bother.

Also that one along the Kingsway in Hove. Rough as old boots. Last time I was in there a massive fight broke out!

Happy :drink:

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
The Broadway in East Grinstead, so horrible it hurts

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
May tree in portslade :drink: :drink: :drink:
No longer there:nono: :nono: :nono:

Great place in my younger days but rough as f*** and a shit hole

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Woodchip said:
I'd like to nominate the Palmeria in Hove. It's on the upturn, but is still shit.

That is not a nice pub, very intimidating and always on the verge of a fight breaking out. I got really wankered in there once and was so pissed I was leaning across and pulling my own pints, god knows how I didn't get caught and have my face smashed in..

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Strike said:
The Imperial and Dorsten in Crawley.

Jesus, I'm not sure where The Imperial is but I spent the first 7 years of my life in Bewbush and even at that age I knew what a shit hole the Dorsten was, a truly horrific nightmare of a pub.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
Weatherspoons or the hassocks

I've seen you in both them pubs. Infact I have even been in the Hassocks with you before you goon, you love them both.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Not Sussex, but the roughest pub I ever went to was in Glasgow before the Cup Final in 98, not far from Celtic Park. During the time I spent in there the bar staff started fighting amongst themselves. In fact it wasn't so much a pub as a large room without any windows and a bar in the middle. Next door was a doss house, resplendant with dossers on the doorstep drinking buckfast and throwing loosely veiled insults at passers by, needless to say I kept my mouth well and truly shut.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Les Biehn said:
That is not a nice pub, very intimidating and always on the verge of a fight breaking out. I got really wankered in there once and was so pissed I was leaning across and pulling my own pints, god knows how I didn't get caught and have my face smashed in..
Hulk Hogan has left now, and it went through about 4 managers in 3 months recently. At the mo there is only one person working there, so no food. Now what do I do for my lunch breaks?!?!?!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Worst for what?

Beer?
Clientele?
Food?
Price?
Location?
Adequate washroom facilities?

Or all of the above then some?