Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Pub in Brighton and Hove.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Your wrong ! The Whistlestop is in Station Road, NOT Boundary Road. You are right it is a dump - further down Station Road "The Blue Anchor" is not much better and the Battle Of Trafalgar forms the Holy Trinity. :lolol:

Nothing wrong with the Battle. A superb alternative for when you just can't face The Stanley.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I like the Battle. One of my favourite pubs. Used to be my local when Garf was running it. Still pop in when I'm in Brighton. Had some great afternoons/evenings in there. Garden in summer is one of Brighton's best. Weirdly, you rarely ever get any decent looking birds in there though. Lots of sturdy girls in chunky knits drinking pints or spoddy office birds from what I recall.

theboybilly

I like the Battle. One of my favourite pubs. Used to be my local when Garf was running it. Still pop in when I'm in Brighton. Had some great afternoons/evenings in there. Garden in summer is one of Brighton's best. Weirdly, you rarely ever get any decent looking birds in there though. Lots of sturdy girls in chunky knits drinking pints or spoddy office birds from what I recall.

I think 'u'vebeenamexed ' was referring to the Battle of Trafalgar just down from Tates Citroen at Southern Cross, Portslade. However, the BoT in Brighton is one of my favourite pubs ever.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think 'u'vebeenamexed ' was referring to the Battle of Trafalgar just down from Tates Citroen at Southern Cross, Portslade. However, the BoT in Brighton is one of my favourite pubs ever.

Ah! That makes more sense. Yeah, the Battle in Brighton is probably one of the best pubs I know of.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Ah! That makes more sense. Yeah, the Battle in Brighton is probably one of the best pubs I know of.

Ive always known the one in Brighton as the Traf. It is my favourite pub and consistently the best kept Harveys in Brighton imho.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Not really a bad pub but the Palmeira, also known for a while as the Cromwell Arms, seems to be one of those pubs that has just gone steadily down hill. Used to be a really good pub which served as a stopping off place on the way to Brighton. It’s been about 5 years since I’ve been in there so hopefully it may have improved. But the last time I was there it was full of gobby foreign students from the local language schools and they seemed to have no idea about how you behave in a British boozer.

Then not far from the seven dials there was the Good Companions, which always seemed a contradiction in terms when you considered the average punter in there.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The Wellington? The Martha Gunn? The Stanmer Park? The Grand Central? The Franklin? The Sussex (Hove)? The Sussex Cricketer? The Victory (twrribly kept ale)? There are a fair few crap pubs to be fair. Whoever said the Mitre needs to have a word with themselves though.

Edit: also the Blind Busker and the Bat and Ball.

I stated the Mitre because in the Brighton pub guide it receives the lowest score of any pub. Personally I have only been in there for a pint one weekday afternoon when it was dead.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The Mitre is great if you're A. A harveys fanboy B over 60 C unemployed or D like watching at the races whilst in a pub.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Weirdly, you rarely ever get any decent looking birds in there though. Lots of sturdy girls in chunky knits drinking pints or spoddy office birds from what I recall.

Steady on - first pub in town I took my (now) missus too - and it's still her favourite.

Mind you she did drink pints then - and come to think of it, she might well have had a woolly jumper on.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Garf's at the Farm now. Good guy.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
The grenadier is just up the road from me but you couldn't drag me in. I always head south to George Payne.
But were not interested in good pubs here.

Oh and the atlas was truly awful. But it got repossessed/shut down.

NutterDave

Jan 19, 2012
the 3 pubs nearest my house are:
The Stanmer
The Hollingbury
The Jolly Brewer

I don't drink near my house very much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here