Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Worst moment of the season?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Off the pitch, the wait for the train back to Brighton after the home game against AEK Athens 🌧️

Oh yes, I had forgotten about that, though our misery was compounded by a 20 minute walk to the car, all three of us absolutely dripping... then sitting in my mates Range Rover Sport for 3 1/2 hours back to the west country... his heated seats were lovely, but it created a sauna type atmosphere that the air con struggled to contain as we evaporated.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Oh yes, I had forgotten about that, though our misery was compounded by a 20 minute walk to the car, all three of us absolutely dripping... then sitting in my mates Range Rover Sport for 3 1/2 hours back to the west country... his heated seats were lovely, but it created a sauna type atmosphere that the air con struggled to contain as we evaporated.
At least you were on the move!

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Villa Away.... by a country mile..... I was in the upper tier, so the crapness was increased by the no alcohol availability.
This.
Not helped by getting a lift there with my brother who now "follows" Villa as they are the nearest PL club he can take my nephew to. I was back at the car when the last one went in.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Don't know if you can call 9 days a moment, but 28th Feb - 7th March:

Wolves 0-1
Fulham 0-3
Rome 0-4

A season-ending 3 games with some curious selections, tactics and shambolic defending.
Yep and I think it may have been the day before the wolves game we were told mitoma was out for the season. Beyond gutting.

Will never forget seeing Paul samrah having an all out fit when dunk fecked up for lukakus goal in Rome. Such a gut punch.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think it was De Zerbi's presser after Roma away. Looking back, what he was saying makes more sense with added context, but at the time losing 0-4 away from home because of (amongst other things) extreme tactical naivety and then smashing into the clubs hierarchy really sticks.

De Zerbi was never the same after that, neither was our form and I suspect neither was Bloom's relationship with RDZ. That moment was the beginning of the end.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
The realisation that the Stand or Fall film is never going to be released.

Roma was actually incredible up until half time. The atmosphere before the game in the away end was brilliant.

Luton away was hilarious.

Has to be Wolves (a) FA Cup, or Fulham (a) in the league or, last weekend, the realisation that the road ended for RDZ - even though it was the right decision.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Still being on one of the shuttle buses doing a tour of Marseille while Brighton kicked off their first ever away game in Europe. That will never be repeated in our history and I missed the first 15 minutes due to no fault of my own. Pretty much got in just in time to watch Marseille score twice. Wanted to be back on the bus. Of course, the rest of the game and the trip ranks in my best moments of the season, but being on that bus was a real low point.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think it was De Zerbi's presser after Roma away. Looking back, what he was saying makes more sense with added context, but at the time losing 0-4 away from home because of (amongst other things) extreme tactical naivety and then smashing into the clubs hierarchy really sticks.

De Zerbi was never the same after that, neither was our form and I suspect neither was Bloom's relationship with RDZ. That moment was the beginning of the end.
I'd completely forgotten about that.

I now recall seeing his comments online whilst exiting the stadium, which added a further end of days feel to that night.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Luton (A). Aston Villa 6-1 was terrible and inexcusable but I think it was our 4th game in 10 days or something

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Roma away was actually ok.

Granted, getting stuffed 4-0 and, to all intents and purposes, exiting the Europa League wasn't brilliant but the trip as a whole was great fun.

After the game, when I just wanted to head back to the hotel and sleep off the defeat, we decided to grab just the one beer. But then sitting outside a Rome trattoria, eating pizza and drinking beer with various folk I've shared numerous Albion away days with, was a lovely thing to experience. And that one beer became two, became three etc...

Luton away wasn't great, but it was so bad it was almost funny. I found Fulham away a more depressing watch, to be honest.
Agree, outside of the game rome was brilliant.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'd completely forgotten about that.

I now recall seeing his comments online whilst exiting the stadium, which added a further end of days feel to that night.
Yes we discussed on bus back I think . A few beers / rum and cokes helped me forget this

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
West Ham scoring several easily preventable goals at the Amex. CH/GP/RDZ had spent 6 seasons schooling their awful football. The we conspired to make look Moyes look a tactical genius.

Gutting as to my eye it showed what lay ahead, compared to wonderful 2022/23, opposition coaches would simply copy against our weak as dishwater midfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here