Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst memory of the Goldstone Ground

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just after the points deduction when we lost an evening game and a large proportion of the crowd gathered to protest outside the West Stand. Were we 12 points adrift at that stage? Most depressing evening of being a Brighton fan, I thought we were goners that evening, both from the league and as a club.

Can't remember who it was we were playing but Case was still manager and making a complete pig's ear of it. Thank God for Steve Gritt.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The pies were pretty bad in the North.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Watching the JCB's tear it apart.

Remember seeing another fan watching in sadness at the same time from Goldstone Lane. Didn't say anything to each other but could tell both doing our best to hide the tears!

Unfortunately the last memory of the ground I have!

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Just after the points deduction when we lost an evening game and a large proportion of the crowd gathered to protest outside the West Stand. Were we 12 points adrift at that stage? Most depressing evening of being a Brighton fan, I thought we were goners that evening, both from the league and as a club.

Can't remember who it was we were playing but Case was still manager and making a complete pig's ear of it. Thank God for Steve Gritt.

Think that might have been a 3-2 loss to Darlington? Was also Case's last game before he got sacked. We were in front twice I think and still managed to lose. Like you - that was the night I really thought it was all over and nothing could save us.

Was definitely my worst experience at the Goldstone.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Probably Hereford when a firework marked a mass walkout and protest behind West Stand (lost 1 - 0)

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Amazing thread. Gold, shirley.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Arsenal in the league Cup in '79. Got chased by a mob before the match and had a narrow escape.

They took the North Stand and afterwards I had the s*** kicked out of me on the way to the station.

Not a great night.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Probably Hereford when a firework marked a mass walkout and protest behind West Stand (lost 1 - 0)

I thought that was the Mansfield (?)game and no it wasn't that game although I do remember the walkout

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
worst memory?

the moment i had to face realities and acknowledge it was all over......no more football at that higglety pigglety,run down dump that was the most beautiful few acres i had ever had the pleasure of standing on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here