Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst meal you've had out and about?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can recommend the Kings Head in Bramber for a decent bit of Sunday food. Liver, bacon and vegtables was spot on for £8. Person on another table had the lamb cutlets which looked immense, again for under £8.

Big garden and a childrens play area as well.

thread_direction_max600.gif

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can recommend the Kings Head in Bramber for a decent bit of Sunday food. Liver, bacon and vegtables was spot on for £8. Person on another table had the lamb cutlets which looked immense, again for under £8.

Big garden and a childrens play area as well.

Wrong thread.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
V Bites - gross, gross, gross and I'm vegetarian, so it's not like the fact that it was vegan food that was the problem.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
The worst - probably a 10 rupee thali in a dhaba in the Chamber Valley - insipid cucumber curry, cold rice, watery dhal but as many hot chapatis as you want. For about 12p I wasn't gonna complain.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
The Sportsman at the Withdean - I could have done a better job at heating up my meal in the microwave than they did.

OurPrice

Nov 22, 2012
For me it has to be La Galleria in Shoreham. The last two times I have been there I have had food poisoning, I presume due to dodgy seafood. A mate of mine was with us once and he ordered the deep fried mozzarella as a starter. It was served to him frozen in the middle, so he returned it. They then kept going with this routine until the third or fourth time they brought it back to him the outside was burnt black - although I imagine the inside was no longer frozen. Needless to say I have not eaten in there since (a few years ago now), so it could well be fine nowadays.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Chicken Caesar at The Els Club.

Small portion, chicken chunks - dunno how they processed them, no anchovies, no bacon bits, no bread roll. Lettuce was very fresh on though.

Sort it out Ernie.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The vegetarian restaurant near the seafront, Tete a Tere, or something like that, it's probably closed now.
Anyway, I am a carnivore but quite like veggie food that's done right.
My wife raved about it and said we should try it, so we did.
I had three items from the menu and even though they all had different job titles, they tasted exactly the same.
They were also so bland and bad that I couldn't finish any of them.
To this day I have not had worse.
Funny, but when I think of all the best meals I have had, none of them have been in blighty, with the exception of some take away foods.
I would kill for a Grubbs burger and a curry from the Imperial Tandoori on the Lewes Rd.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Pizza place in Clarksdale Mississippi

You could eat in or take away.
Me & Thee wife walked in ordered our pizzas, went and sat down to wait, while the lady who took our order made a phone call.

looked around, we were the only white people in the place which was not a problem.

5mins later four cars turn up and box our car in kids get out of their cars & come into the pizza place.

They do not order pizza.

They gather around us telling cracker jokes and loudly wondering if we will make it out alive.

30mins later.
I ask the wife if i should ask the lady behind the counter if our pizza is ready, she whispers "no do you want to die, she phoned the kids to come here and rob us"

2 hours later the kids got fed up and left, and our pizza was surprise surprise it was ready to collect and was stone cold with dubious toppings however since we had been driving all day....

We ate it and I threw up in Ground Zero..... Ha take that Morgan Freeman.

Worst meal and service ever

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I know you're not supposed to have high expectations when visiting BurgerKing but this summer I visited the North Street outlet late afternoon after shopping and not bothered to cook at home.

It was expensive and lukewarm....probably been waiting for a customer to be served to. I hadn't been for years and probably won't again for a long time....and I used to like their food. Couldn't be bothered complaining at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here