Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Worst kick-off time (weekends)

Worst kick-off time

• Friday 19.45

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Saturday 12.30

Votes: 23 13.3%
  • Saturday 15.00

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday 17.30

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Saturday 19.45

Votes: 20 11.6%
  • Sunday 12.00

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • Sunday 14.00

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Sunday 16.30

Votes: 33 19.1%
  • Monday 19.45

Votes: 56 32.4%

• Total voters

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The best one is Saturday 5.30. Watch the results of the other games come through, have a couple of beers and make your way to the game. Friday nights aren't bad either for a decent atmosphere.

Monday nights are easily the worst but for double standards I do like watching a game on sky on the Monday for something to do. As long as its not us.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Definitely Saturday at 12:30 as it messes up my golf on Saturday morning. Palace game is point in fact. We have monthly medal this Saturday and I was scheduled to be off at 8:30 which means that 3.5 hour round won’t fit to getting to the ground in time. As it is palace I am missing golf but normally I won’t go to football.

Sunday matches do not go down well with the mrs especially the later ones that **** about with Sunday evening meal.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Voted Friday but also not a fan of Monday evening.
I know some people love Friday evening matches, but for me after a weeks work I'm at an age I'm shot to bits on Friday evening.

Saturday 3pm is my favourite time for football.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
My favourite time is, of course, 3pm on a Saturday but I'm not averse to a 12.30 kick off
The very worst, in my opinion, are the late 5.30 Saturday or the Friday or Monday evenings

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sunday 12.00. I'm still running rugby sessions then. 2.00 is a bit of a bind too as I'll miss the kick-off

My favourite is Saturday at 5.30 - nice relaxing day watching sport on telly, stroll down to the ground after Final Score and it's still early enough to go out afterwards.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Mon by fay the worst.

Surprised to see sat early in there. Pubs open at 10 . Afternoon after in the pub also

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I love the earlier Kick offs. Nothing worse than setting the alarm for 2 or 4 am. Looking forward to Palace, will be heading to bed before 1:30 am hopefully with a smile on my face.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
14:00 Sunday, that's Sunday dinner ruined.

:nono:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
In order of my favourite:

Saturday 5.30pm
Saturday 3.00pm
Friday 7.45pm
Saturday 12.30pm
Sunday 12.30pm
Monday 7.45pm
Sunday 2.00pm
Sunday 4.00pm/4.30pm

Basically I hate the Sunday games unless they can do them early. I'd rather have a Friday night game than an early Saturday game as well.

Sunday at 4pm is great when you're sat at home watching other teams but a total arse when it's your team. I'd say the same for Monday night.

Would actually rather they scheduled some Saturday night games.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I hate 12ish kickoffs as it's way to early for beer for me, so have gone for 12 Sunday. Monday evening is shite too though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's enough of a hassle getting down from London (although others have it worse) and 12:30 feels a bit like a workday to be honest. It's a level of organisation which is annoying on a Saturday morning.

As my preferred method of getting in and out is via Seagulls Over Surrey (Haywards Heath Branch), I have to leave that bit earlier too. Yep hate them.

What is your tactic for Palace games just out of interest? I've got a badly planned night out in London on Friday, so need to get the train down Saturday morning...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What is your tactic for Palace games just out of interest? I've got a badly planned night out in London on Friday, so need to get the train down Saturday morning...

Well it goes like this:

1) Try and get to Haywards Heath on time for the coach (I'm a member of Mid-Sussex), if fail....

2) Try and get a train to Lewes (much easier interchange than Brighton - believe me), if fail...

3) Train to Brighton, then Falmer (hate doing that)

I live near Clapham Junction - so it's always from there.

If doing via Lewes (from Victoria)

10:16 (Victoria) >> 11:25 (Lewes)

11:43 (Lewes) >> 11:50 (Falmer)

Or get the same train from CJ - at 10:23 Platform 13

Last edited:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Monday night.

If you don't live or work in Brighton, it's an unbelievable squeeze (and completely reliant on the trains working) to get out of work and down for the game in time. (Easier to leave an hour early on a Friday)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here