Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Worst holiday you’ve ever been on

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I blame any Turkish incidents experienced,on those who foolishly book holidays to Turkey, the vast majority of folk you come across are solely intent on fleecing you of all your money, legally or illegally.....
Having spent several years of my life in Turkey and been there many times, unless you're coming across the wrong kind of 'folk, ' that's just not true of Turkish people. Sure, there are scams in Turkey as there are anywhere, and many occur where there are foreigners on holiday in Turkey and many other countries.
.. choose, like I do, a place where you know you will get a safe and relaxing holiday.
I already have. I'm off to Turkey on Friday :)

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Portugal all inclusive for Christmas. Was our honeymoon. We were originally booked to go to Turkey but advised not to travel there at that particular time, had to make a quick second choice and chose Portugal.

I was bored stupid, not my thing at all. We are used to motorbike holidays all over Europe and not being stuck in one place all the time. Not beach and pool people particularly.

Christmas day was crap, nothing laid on and dinner not till the evening. Hired a car in the end and drove out for something to do, nearly everything was closed.

It's been bike holidays ever since and we have been to some fantastic places on the bike...

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Having spent several years of my life in Turkey and been there many times, unless you're coming across the wrong kind of 'folk, ' that's just not true of Turkish people. Sure, there are scams in Turkey as there are anywhere, and many occur where there are foreigners on holiday in Turkey and many other countries.

I already have. I'm off to Turkey on Friday :)
Good luck

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I truly disliked Tunisia on the rare occasions we ventured out from our hotel with our two young teenage girls. Horrible lot in the towns.
My Algerian friend confidently tells me that Tunisians are 'filthy pigs' every time he hears the name of that country.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Dubai is one of the worst places I’ve ever been.

The place is just not my thing.

Went with an ex.

Probably the most boring woman I’ve ever met.

She slept until 2pm every day. Waking up at the hottest part of the day to go and sit in a hammock and smoke roll ups til dinner time.

Barely said a word to me the whole time.

It was like taking a house plant on holiday .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Personally I don’t mind Dubai, didn’t think I’d like it but been twice in the last year.

Flights not to long, good weather, 5* hotels with very high quality food , good for kids.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Personally I don’t mind Dubai, didn’t think I’d like it but been twice in the last year.

Flights not to long, good weather, 5* hotels with very high quality food , good for kids.
Horses for courses.

I went back in the late 90’s.

It was pretty garish and tasteless back then. Can’t imagine what it’s like now.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Pl;ease share
One got molested at the gold souk and we ended up bundling her into a cab via the back door of a shop (the shopkeeper locked us in the back room to protect her) with men banging the door. Then locals accused a bloke in our group of having unlawful contact with a woman who wasn't his wife as he had put his arms round her to shield her from all this.

Another had a man from the hotel bar let himself into her room after he bribed the hotel staff for their pass key and after the police were called and the man had slipped past them she had hotel security outside her room all night.

Add to that the way migrant staff in hotels were treated (passports taken off them and not allowed to seek to work for anybody else)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
One got molested at the gold souk and we ended up bundling her into a cab via the back door of a shop (the shopkeeper locked us in the back room to protect her) with men banging the door. Then locals accused a bloke in our group of having unlawful contact with a woman who wasn't his wife as he had put his arms round her to shield her from all this.

Another had a man from the hotel bar let himself into her room after he bribed the hotel staff for their pass key and after the police were called and the man had slipped past them she had hotel security outside her room all night.

Add to that the way migrant staff in hotels were treated (passports taken off them and not allowed to seek to work for anybody else)
Grim.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Went with an ex.

Probably the most boring woman I’ve ever met.

She slept until 2pm every day. Waking up at the hottest part of the day to go and sit in a hammock and smoke roll ups til dinner time.

Barely said a word to me the whole time.

It was like taking a house plant on holiday .
Sounds like a keeper alright :ROFLMAO:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Tunisia. First package holiday aged 19
Heatwave - 45 degrees at times, no aircon in hotel room
Food was truly awful
Got sick
Got stung by jellyfish

Not been back :lolol:
Likewise - thought Tunisia was pretty awful.

I've been to 27 different Greek Islands and Kos is the worst I've been too (closely followed by Santorini and Mykonos - avoid where cruise ships stop!)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Smoking woman, laying around awake at night. What's not to like?
quite a bit actually....

SheilaReid.jpg

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Portugal all inclusive for Christmas. Was our honeymoon. We were originally booked to go to Turkey but advised not to travel there at that particular time, had to make a quick second choice and chose Portugal.

I was bored stupid, not my thing at all. We are used to motorbike holidays all over Europe and not being stuck in one place all the time. Not beach and pool people particularly.

Christmas day was crap, nothing laid on and dinner not till the evening. Hired a car in the end and drove out for something to do, nearly everything was closed.

It's been bike holidays ever since and we have been to some fantastic places on the bike...
Didn't you have "more interesting" things to do on your honeymoon?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
My parents split up when I was about 15/16. They didn’t end things on great terms, but somehow my dad convinced my mum to give him one last chance to prove he could change in the form of a family holiday.

My dad drove us down to a static caravan park a couple of hours south of Paris. It would have been lovely, however as far as I can tell where we went was also hosting some kind of Mosquito convention at the same time because we were almost instantly bitten to absolute shreds.

My dad made no effort to try and prove getting back together was a good idea. He’s a very serious man and fun was at a premium. My youngest brother is autistic and was going through a phase where he had a tote bag full of toiletries he had to take everywhere which meant checking all of it was there before we could go anywhere which didn’t really help things. I; admittedly, was also a horrible person to be around at the time. Think I spent half the time sulking and half the time necking those little stubby bottles of beer. I think I got diagnosed with depression a few weeks after we got back.

However, the real issues started halfway through the trip. During a particularly bad tempered game of mini golf my dad accused me of spitting on him. Whilst I was a prick; I wasn’t that much of a prick. However even when my mum and my other sibling took my side my dad was adamant I had spat on him. In the end he told my mum that either I was sent home on the next flight or he was going.

My mum called his bluff, and true to his word my dad drove off leaving the 4 of us with no car & no way home in the middle of France. We later found out he’d actually booked a hotel the next town over and waited for my mum to crumble and call him for help.

Instead we actually had quite a nice last few days with a much more chilled out atmosphere and managed to wrangle a flight home from an airport which had a solitary runway.

Safe to say they didn’t get back together :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here