dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Egypt - been twice first time with kids and it was shit however Mrs insisted on going again around 5 years ago.

Drunken fat Russian tarts constantly face-timing mates, lecherous Egyptian men ogling the woman.

When we landed back at Gatwick Mrs Hut declared that was shit - FFS :bla::bla::bla:

I muttered, you said that the first time

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Another vote for Tunisia. I went when I was 13/14 ish. Absolutely nothing to recommend it. Crap food, pushy locals with everyone trying to flog carpet. Remember a coach trip somewhere that was like Mad Max in terms of the landscape.

The Mrs booked a trip to Gran Canaria in the early days via teletext. It had a swimming pool that was no bigger than 8 foot and was so green you couldn't see how deep it was. No Aircon and above the town below that rang out DJ Otzy's "Hey Baby" at full whack morning, noon and night. I seem to remember a particular awful meal at a restaurant called "Winston Churchills" In fairness, the name alone should have given the game away but it was recommended by a family of jocks whose kids were skipping school as the best meal in town. Another warning flag I didn't pick up on

Since then, I've booked any holiday we've been on apart from when she insisted we went to a hotel in New York that was recommended by her friend which also turned out to be a complete shit hole.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Another vote for Tunisia. I went when I was 13/14 ish. Absolutely nothing to recommend it. Crap food, pushy locals with everyone trying to flog carpet. Remember a coach trip somewhere that was like Mad Max in terms of the landscape.

The Mrs booked a trip to Gran Canaria in the early days via teletext. It had a swimming pool that was no bigger than 8 foot and was so green you couldn't see how deep it was. No Aircon and above the town below that rang out DJ Otzy's "Hey Baby" at full whack morning, noon and night. I seem to remember a particular awful meal at a restaurant called "Winston Churchills" In fairness, the name alone should have given the game away but it was recommended by a family of jocks whose kids were skipping school as the best meal in town. Another warning flag I didn't pick up on

Since then, I've booked any holiday we've been on apart from when she insisted we went to hotel in New York that was recommended by her friend which also turned out to be a complete shit hole.

We’re not long back from NYC. Out of interest, what was the name of the hotel?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Woolacombe

Pissed it down all week. Like non-stop.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
We’re not long back from NYC. Out of interest, what was the name of the hotel?
It was called the Thirty Thirty (it was on 30th unsurprisingly). A quick Google suggests it was closed 5 years ago (I reckon we went 17 years ago) with a number of reviews that were less than favourable. I'll disappear further down that rabbit hole in a bit for a trip down memory lane.

On the first time we went we stayed in the Millennium UN Plaza which was absolutely ace.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Have been on some terrible French holidays. I think their complete disdain for English people doesn’t help. The more remote you are the worse it gets too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Paris is awful, to be fair. Unlike large parts of France which are lovely.

Having been there a few times, I never get how it holds any romantic appeal.
I love Paris. Been a number of times and have always had a great time.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Our honeymoon, 40+ years ago. We were skint as in pennyless. Booked a last minute holiday to Malta in November. It was cold, wet and the hotel breakfast, our only meal included, was a foul coffee and hard roll. Love won the day and we had each other, sharing pizza or chips (budget didn't allow both in one day). On leaving the hotel gave us our bar bill that finished off all our duty free money.
PS Last holiday we sat on a coach for over an hour as one person was missing. They airport was closed and yet still we waited.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Tunisia. First package holiday aged 19
Heatwave - 45 degrees at times, no aircon in hotel room
Food was truly awful
Got sick
Got stung by jellyfish

Not been back :lolol:

I love Tunisia 🇹🇳 Went last year in May for a week -
Have just come back from a 10 day holiday and have booked 2 weeks in October

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I’ve just seen an advert claiming “Istanbul is the new cool” reminding me of a weekend break we took about 1997. It was cold wet and ‘orrible (it was January mind) it was quite dirty and full of Russians. Crossed the bridge over to the Asian side and it was a lot cleaner and friendlier and even the sun came out!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Have been researching my next holiday, and some trip advisor reviews.
Apparently these conditions contribute to the “worst ever holiday”, for some Brits:

- No English TV channels in the hotel (abroad)

- Pool wasn’t lively enough (no music)

- There was no evening entertainment in the hotel

- no fried breakfast in the hotel

What has been your worst holiday experience?

All sound the kind of holiday I'd least like to go on with the people I'd least like to meet

Who the f*** goes abroad and moans about no fry up or English channels? 🤣Christ

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I’ve just remembered another cracker. When I lived in darkest Kent my wife won a holiday on a radio phone in. A week’s coach holiday to Weston-Super-Mare!

We got picked up in Ashford at 8.00 am. Midday we were still in Kent picking up an assortment of pensioners. We were the youngest on the coach by about 50 years.

Our week coincided with the highest tide ever seen in Weston-Super-Mare leading to flooding in the promenade.

We did however get to go to the radio 1 roadshow on the beach with a flyover by the Vulcan bomber.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have been on some terrible French holidays. I think their complete disdain for English people doesn’t help. The more remote you are the worse it gets too.
Maybe it’s you? I’ve been to several different areas of France and found them friendly and helpful, apart from Paris, but then London is similar.
We go every year, have made good friends over there, and feel very welcome. It helps to speak a little of the language, and use good manners when entering shops etc.

My worst holiday was camping in Cheddar Gorge, with two children, our dog, when it rained every day. After five days we gave up and went home, having to dry everything off in the house before it could be packed away.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It was called the Thirty Thirty (it was on 30th unsurprisingly). A quick Google suggests it was closed 5 years ago (I reckon we went 17 years ago) with a number of reviews that were less than favourable. I'll disappear further down that rabbit hole in a bit for a trip down memory lane.

On the first time we went we stayed in the Millennium UN Plaza which was absolutely ace.

In 2022 we stayed at Archer Hotel which was okay, small rooms but with a view of the Empire State Building. We realised it was silly spending that money when we only used the hotel to sleep, so last month stayed at The Herald by Luxurban. Both great locations in Midtown West.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports