Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst food hygene ratings in Sussex

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sometimes a rating has little to do with the hygeine itself. My other half got a '1' simply because paperwork wasn't being filled out correctly. The subsequent visit, once this had been sorted, raised the figure to '4'.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I eat at the Nayeb in hove twice a week, always been fine and the way I see it, it will only improve now....

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The establishments in St.James's Street need to pull their bloody finger out. Four 1 Star restaurants in a single street!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey the Sussex Yoeman is a suprise! It's always serves a superb Sunday roast. I haven't been for a while but 1 star?? Blimey!

Blimey for sure! :ohmy:

Yeoman has always been over-priced poncification personified. Heads will roll shirley, If they don't at least the place should have the good grace to close itself down.

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
Jasmine Garden Burgess Hill is a shock, as is The Fresh Fish Shop in Haywards Heath.

Both have had my regular custom, not any more though.

The Bloke i worked with had a take away from jasmin garden he found a 3" metal spike sticking out of a piece of chicken.
He took it back and they told him he didnt need to worry as it part of a skewer they use for cooking:facepalm:

They really didn't understand why he was so angry.AVOID!!!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Some surprises there, including The Crown at Turners Hill. Have eaten there before and not suffered, so perhaps its gone down er.. the hill?

Plus the coffee place on platform 3/4 at Three Bridges. Quite often get a coffee there. Can much go wrong with a black coffee in a paper cup?

Maybe Tony Robinson got his inspiration from there when he offered Mud & Water to Rowan Atkinson in Blackadder

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Blimey the Sussex Yoeman is a suprise! It's always serves a superb Sunday roast. I haven't been for a while but 1 star?? Blimey!

Pleased to see Grubbs in York place get a 5, Saltdean Fishbar and my kids school!!
Oh yeah and the Amex is 5 star.

Do love Grubbs, me.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not surprised Taj is up there, despite many singing its praises. Only place I've bought rotten food that's IN date.

Do they have other businesses? Massive house on Dyke Road, a fleet of super cars and the life of riley. Must say, I did like that place when I lived around the corner, but not been there for yonks.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Sometimes a rating has little to do with the hygeine itself. My other half got a '1' simply because paperwork wasn't being filled out correctly. The subsequent visit, once this had been sorted, raised the figure to '4'.

Not having that .....

Exactly how many pieces of paper did she need to fill in ??

How many times might she of not filled them in to get a measly 1, which is pretty dire ??

Its at the very least an indication of how she values hygiene issues, more likely she has made up some lame excuse, thankfully no hiding place ...

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'm sure when I was growing up there (admittedly some time ago :p) The George in Crawley was the place to go for a bit of posh food and now it has a pair of 1/5's. Blimey. And nothing for Worthing is a surprise.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And nothing for Worthing is a surprise.

It can't be an exhaustive list as I was told earlier today that the two Indians in Findon had scored zero and two, and that my regular takeaway - Eshna's Nutrition in East Worthing - scored one.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here