Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Food Experience

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Contracted Ameobic Dysentry and Giardia together at the same ****ing time in Nepal. Dragged on and off for about 3 months. Not as bad as my girlfriend at the time who spent 3 days delerious in a country hospital in Jaisalmer. Funny story - we went on a overnight camel safari in the Thar desert, ate some food and camped in the desert. Next morning we wake up and my girlfriend says see's had a shitty night, go off to the dunes to crap and she's like a volcano - pretty surreal watching her shuffle and squirt as dung beetles zone in on her.
With no other choice we get on the camels for the 8 hour ride back to civilisation, after an hour she's fainting and falling off the camel. What do you do? tell the camel guys to go for help and leave us under a shrub with about 2 liters of water. Girlfriend is unconscious now, 4 hours later after giving up hope a jeep comes for us and takes us 2 hours to the nearest hospital. All the while in the jeep i've been wiping water on my girlfriends face with a blue scarf - and the dye has turned her blue. As I walk into the hospital carrying her limp body in my arms with a blue face the doctors think she's dead or dying and tell me to go away as it would be bad for them for a tourist to die at their hospital. How we all laughed when I convinced them it was only the dye (not). After a day she started to come round but still had terrible shits so every 30mins or so I had to help her to the toilet and hold her up over the squat. A large rat was living in that toilet and would run out of the bowl and between our legs every time sending my girlfriend into hysterics. Horrific 3 days but you learn a lot about yourself at times like these.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone who eats parsnip or rhubarb is deaf in the tongue, go get yourself checked out, there may still be time for you to be cured.

Real men eat rhubarb.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The food in Cuba is generally pretty poor so I should have been weary but I once ordered squid and chips and in my mind's eye had conjured up a lovely image. A short while later a plate of soggy cold greasy chips and along side rested a cold limp slimy squid about the size of adult hand. And it looked exactly like a squid; there had been no attempt to dress it up or anything.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
A mixed grill at the old Elizabethan Cottage knocked me out for a week.
Meal at the Tete a Terre on the seafront was absolute tripe and I refused to pay for mine, Mrs loved hers but mine was crap.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Tripe for me too.a northern fellow at work kept going on about it,so I tried it.It was not very nice.Also okra is just slimey.Yuk.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Eat a lot if seafood so do get the odd minor issue, however have had serious issues with oysters twice, all night both starting exactly 24 hours after eating. No more.
Have discovered that there are many different 'types' of food poisoning that can cut in immediately or 24 or 48 hours or even 7 days after eating, so what you think may be the cause might have been the previous days...

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Contracted Ameobic Dysentry and Giardia together at the same ****ing time in Nepal. Dragged on and off for about 3 months. Not as bad as my girlfriend at the time who spent 3 days delerious in a country hospital in Jaisalmer. Funny story - we went on a overnight camel safari in the Thar desert, ate some food and camped in the desert. Next morning we wake up and my girlfriend says see's had a shitty night, go off to the dunes to crap and she's like a volcano - pretty surreal watching her shuffle and squirt as dung beetles zone in on her.
With no other choice we get on the camels for the 8 hour ride back to civilisation, after an hour she's fainting and falling off the camel. What do you do? tell the camel guys to go for help and leave us under a shrub with about 2 liters of water. Girlfriend is unconscious now, 4 hours later after giving up hope a jeep comes for us and takes us 2 hours to the nearest hospital. All the while in the jeep i've been wiping water on my girlfriends face with a blue scarf - and the dye has turned her blue. As I walk into the hospital carrying her limp body in my arms with a blue face the doctors think she's dead or dying and tell me to go away as it would be bad for them for a tourist to die at their hospital. How we all laughed when I convinced them it was only the dye (not). After a day she started to come round but still had terrible shits so every 30mins or so I had to help her to the toilet and hold her up over the squat. A large rat was living in that toilet and would run out of the bowl and between our legs every time sending my girlfriend into hysterics. Horrific 3 days but you learn a lot about yourself at times like these.

I've learned to give Nepal a swerve.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anyone who eats parsnip or rhubarb is deaf in the tongue, go get yourself checked out, there may still be time for you to be cured.

You appear to be getting some completely undeserved flak for that statement Superphil, so I shall offer my wholehearted support and agree with you on both counts.

Parsnips and rhubarb = devils food :sick:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You have shit taste buds.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6034452 said:
I think you're the one who needs to be cured mate! You're missing out on one of the FINEST elements GOD has GIFTED us for the Sunday ROAST!

I see old Nick already has your souls then :eek:

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Great story.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The food in Cuba is generally pretty poor so I should have been weary but I once ordered squid and chips and in my mind's eye had conjured up a lovely image. A short while later a plate of soggy cold greasy chips and along side rested a cold limp slimy squid about the size of adult hand. And it looked exactly like a squid; there had been no attempt to dress it up or anything.

Not in the best hotel on the Island, wonderful fare, being half Spanish owned helped no doubt

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
The worst...WORST food experience is when your juices are running high and the expectation of a glorious rare beef roast is almost unbearable ... then up comes that thin , mucked-about-with, pre-cooked-days-ago, GREY, GREY, GREY slices of beef. Bloody 'orrible

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I love the way this thread has gone from being 'I don't like parsnips and rhubarb' to 'food poisoning Top Trumps' in less than 2 pages - NSC at its best!

Getting back to food dislikes(as opposed to amoebic dysentery)Beetroot, horrid to eat and makes your wee go purple, what's all that about? :angry: And another vote against rhubarb, too sour and horrible mouthfeel when cooked. :rant:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Andouillette, which is probably the most disgusting sausage in the world. Made of intestines and tripe it smells like shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here