Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Worst Delivery Company

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
What are people's experiences? I used to be happy when I saw something was coming DPD but their wheels have fallen off of recent times. I have a parcel destined for North Wales that was shipped (next day) Saturday from Hinckley and is now in, erm, Barking depot.

I remember those green vans back in the day that left the yellow 'we missed you' card of misery.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
DPD are appalling. They’ve just shut a load of their depots, including one in Sussex, Crawley I think, and are expecting the remaining drivers to pick up the slack!

I ordered a hot water bottle in November, I got sent three pictures of it on someone else’s doorstep and then they ceased communicating with me. The nights were cold, their customer service even colder.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hermes are horrifically bad in my experience……..

DPD seem ok here but wonder if that’s due to having the massive new depot in Burgess Hill

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I don’t know what people expect: these guys are damned if they do, damned if they don’t. All things considered, they do a fine job. If they don’t, it’s our obsession with cheap goods and internet purchases wiping out the High Street and shopping malls. We weren’t careful, we wished for it, so suck it up!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
PostNord, the postal services owned by the Swedish and Danish state.

They are almost magical when it comes to messing up. I tried to order a book a two weeks ago and still get daily SMS about how the package is travelling around in Sweden without really getting anywhere closer to me. Currently it is in Sundsvall for the third time, having been to Örebro four times. Unfortunately seems to be going in the wrong direction. ****ing shite is what it is.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Hermes are horrifically bad in my experience……..

DPD seem ok here but wonder if that’s due to having the massive new depot in Burgess Hill

Oh God, Hermes are so, SO bad. The practically threw one of my deliveries at me a few weeks back and seemed genuinely surprised when I said "Sorry mate, could you be a bit more careful?"

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
they are all crap except Royal Mail, Parcelforce, DHL and Amazon.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
DPD seem to have invested a shit load of money in technology, i.e. their delivery slots, flexibility to change things, tracking your item etc, but they seem to be neglecting the actual delivery network and infrastructure in the background.

Agree with HKFC above that that Yodel are the worst of the lot.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I don’t know what people expect: these guys are damned if they do, damned if they don’t. All things considered, they do a fine job. If they don’t, it’s our obsession with cheap goods and internet purchases wiping out the High Street and shopping malls. We weren’t careful, we wished for it, so suck it up!

They're really not, they're damned if they don't deliver. If they do, I'm a happy bunny!

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Yodel by far worst

Hermes/Evri are the best for us but we are on 1st name terms with the local driver due to him working out we work from home so we act as the local depot some days for the neighbours !

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Am I the only person who doesn't notice which company has delivered their package? I've had about half a dozen deliveries in the past month and I haven't a clue who the courier was. I've got several emails from Evri asking me to rate their service and have no idea what they delivered.

I should also add that after about 25 years of online shopping, I've never had a package go astray or be delayed: generally it's the reverse, goods are delivered a day or two before I expect them. I guess I've been very lucky.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
PostNord, the postal services owned by the Swedish and Danish state.

They are almost magical when it comes to messing up. I tried to order a book a two weeks ago and still get daily SMS about how the package is travelling around in Sweden without really getting anywhere closer to me. Currently it is in Sundsvall for the third time, having been to Örebro four times. Unfortunately seems to be going in the wrong direction. ****ing shite is what it is.

That pizza is going to be stone cold.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agreed - people don’t want to pay for anything anymore, everyone expects ‘free delivery’ and it’s a race to the bottom. These guys are paid pennies per parcel , usually need to lease a van etc , self employed so no holiday, sick pay etc

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Our local Hermes/Evri delivery driver is a lovely, really chatty old geezer, who does his round with his wife and dog in the van. Always cheerful and has never lost a package of ours.

Yodel are far and away the worst. I had notification of a 'parcel left' one time (I was WFH, so no way was there any attempt to deliver - the dog goes nuts if he hears the gate latch, let alone the door bell), but there was no sign of it. I got in touch to tell them and had to go through the rigmarole of confirming I had looked all round my property and checked with neighbours on all sides - all of which went against the 'Package left on doorstep' info I was given anyway. They also claimed to have a photo of said package on my doorstep. The issue got escalated to another team - same rigmarole of confirming stuff that contradicted what I was told by them. They weren't able to produce the photo, funnily enough. Eventually they conceded it was 'lost', so I was sent a replacement - I'm not sure who copped the cost of the replacement - Yodel, or the company I was buying from. Isn't it strange how a box of beer went missing on a sunny day...

The Amazon drivers are pretty good round here, though more often than not leave a package without knocking or ringing the doorbell. DPD are also fine here - the regular driver is a beefy Polish geezer who gets very soppy if I answer the door holding my baby daughter.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
What are people's experiences? I used to be happy when I saw something was coming DPD but their wheels have fallen off of recent times. I have a parcel destined for North Wales that was shipped (next day) Saturday from Hinckley and is now in, erm, Barking depot.

I remember those green vans back in the day that left the yellow 'we missed you' card of misery.

Ahhh, Shi**yLink, those were the days. A mail order company I worked for used to use them despite all the issues, they only switched to DPD when CityLink went out of business.

Delivery companies are only as good as your local driver I find, for me DPD are one of the best and up until recently Evri (formerly MyHerpes) was the worst, so much so one of their drivers actively decided to keep hold of our parcels for a couple of weeks before returning them to depot saying they were undeliverable, trying to get hold of anyone there to resolve it is virtually impossible and it took over 2 years to sort it out.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
they are all crap except Royal Mail, Parcelforce, DHL and Amazon.

My Parcelforce experience has been appalling.

I bought a telescope off facebook which was sent via Parcelforce (insured) and it arrived with a dent as the box had been pierced by a sharp instrument i.e. there was a hole in box rather than it had been dropped or crushed. We went to make a claim , they immediately came back it was bad packaging and senders fault so case closed. I emailed them multiple times but they refused to deal with me but only contacted the sender even though they had sent me claim form to fill in and i supplied photos of the damage. I kept writing they kept saying they would not speak to me. By good fortune I found out about a team who deal with 'publicity' at Parcelforce wrote to them listing the issues and finally got some compensation. Ok the damage could be a one off but the process to deal with claim was poor. However the next item we got from Parcelforce (and I can say we get very few of them) was a wooden shelf equally damaged...didn't bother to go through the claim process.... Royal Mail have been very good as have Amazon.

Jul 7, 2003
Hermes used to be bad but since moving house, we have the same friendly old boy who delivers for them (and Next) and very nice for a Hammers fan. Same with Royal Mail / Parcelforce, another old bloke who loves his footy.

Both know I work from home but also that I can't always get to the door if I am in a meeting so leave things in a safe place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here