Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Worst away end you have been in watching footy.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If that's the game I remember - then the pubs had no ale either. When I asked why not, they said that they only sold lager in the winter, as they wouldn't sell enough proper beer before the barrel went off as they didn't have much custom for about four months. Huge place too, can just imagine it heaving with youth in summer. By the way, you were lucky to get an Italian. The time before, we just wanted something simple like a jacket potato - but it literally was only fish & chips at every single place. Except one, that had a 'special' on. Fish, chips & mushy peas.....

Went to Blackpool twice, first time an evening game 94 a draw 2-2, I remember Albion fans singing he's got a pineapple on his head to a Blackpool sub warming up, who found it funny.
The second time a Saturday game, I cant remember the year though either 2001 2-2 draw or 2004 we lost 1-3 the stadium was being done up and we were stuck somewhere stupid and half finished, I think we drew and I am sure I remember being herded out of a pub by the police on horseback which I found over the top.

Same game ?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Went to Blackpool twice, first time an evening game 94 a draw 2-2, I remember Albion fans singing he's got a pineapple on his head to a Blackpool sub warming up, who found it funny.
The second time a Saturday game, I cant remember the year though either 2001 2-2 draw or 2004 we lost 1-3 the stadium was being done up and we were stuck somewhere stupid and half finished, I think we drew and I am sure I remember being herded out of a pub by the police on horseback which I found over the top.

Same game ?

My winter experience was more recent, I can't honestly remember the result - but it was when they were all protesting against Owen Oyston, and we were warmly received by the fans as we actually started our own Oyston Out chant, which we kept up for quite some time. I did go to the 3-1 loss in 2004, but it was summertime and we were in a sunny open stand on the half-way line as far as I can recall. The songs then were less supportive, and more around them being 'Tangerine Tossers'!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here