Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Worst albion player you can remember

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I’ve seen fair amount of dross at Goldstone/ Gillingham/ Withdean and Amex, but the one player who stands out for lazy and Shite has to be Best. At least the others tried and had individual comedy gold moments. All I can remember about Best, is that he genuinely didn’t care and he made that clear every match he played.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
For these threads to not be in bad taste, honest players that weren't very good need to be mentioned with some respect (save disdain for players who were bad because they were lazy / poor attitude). E.g. it is wrong to criticise a youth player that is given a chance in the first team that doesn't work out - they have put in hard work there and are probably better than countless youth players that never even made it that far!

...so my contribution would be Agustein

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Richard Tiltman, Asley Neale and for someone who had once stolen a living at a higher level, Robbie Savage. Now stealing a living as a so called pundit. However, Glen Thomas perhaps in terms of actual performance in one game.....no that goes to Ashley Neale away at Rochdale where he made their strikers look like Messi and Ronaldo.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This is a very poor reply to my point, you should be ashamed of yourself. You have totally misunderstood my point.

I think playing in the National League South is something to be very proud about, you have to be pretty good to do that but it’s not professional football, that was my point. My criticism was aimed at the recruitment during the transfer window in Sami’s first and only season. It was horrific. You probably weren’t at the match but Hyypia had no choice but to play Fenelon in the August because other players hadn’t been signed (and when they were, they weren’t that much better!). Plenty of youth team players end up in semi-pro football, it’s no disgrace but they do look out of place in the Championship and that happened to Fenelon.

In terms of ability, he is the worst I’ve I seen which is what the thread is about. In terms of attitude or effort, I’m not aware of any problems, he probably had a brilliant attitude but that alone does not give you a career as a professional footballer. I could highlight plenty of players that fit that category of worst attitude which is what you appear to think this thread is about.
To be fair picking on Fenelon does seem harsh, he was being watched by a few PL clubs when he scoring regularly in reserve games, we probably didn’t do him any favours shoe horning him into a poor side expecting instant performances.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
To be fair picking on Fenelon does seem harsh, he was being watched by a few PL clubs when he scoring regularly in reserve games, we probably didn’t do him any favours shoe horning him into a poor side expecting instant performances.

It’s just an observation that I believe to be true.

I don’t blame Fenelon at all for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, I blame the recruitment team for his appearance and performance, Hyypia should have had other options.

Many other posters are citing players with the worst attitude, players like Locadia who have scored in Premier League matches to earn us a draw or win. I am just looking at the technical ability I saw on display, there is no malice or disdain as in other posts about players being lazy or overweight, I don’t think it’s me that’s being harsh.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Leon Best.
Peter Smith.
Elvis Manu.

I seem to remember Mark Ormerod being quite pants or am I misremembering?

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Akpom and Best top my list. They weren’t necessarily the worst players we’ve ever had - it’s just that they couldn’t be ar55ed and that’s unforgivable.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Dirk Lehmann worst striker I've ever seen in the stripes and that's a heavily congested category.
Michael Poke, only saw him once in some cup match somewhere in the midlands I think. Wow, not a keeper.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
This. Unbelievably bad, it was patently clear from his introduction that it was astonishing transfer blunder.

Found his level playing in front of 400 at Brechin City.

Gavin Hoyte was also hopeless.

From Wikipedia:

...Smith scored an own goal in his debut appearance for Thistle....

On 21 November 2015, [Graeme] Smith travelled to the Ochilview ground for the away game against Stenhousemuir. Unfortunately for him, the match was actually a home fixture for Brechin, 83 miles away. He did make it in time to play, but the side still lost 2–1

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here