worm in my cod

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bert365

May 7, 2006
I purchase some cod this morning from Morrison I've just come to cook it and there's a bloody worm about 3cm long moving around. It has put me right off fish now ill try and get a photo to see if anyone knows what it is. Has anyone experienced the same thing.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Stop moaning. You've got two for the price of one. Fish and worm. You've got your money's worth.

103.png

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I purchase some cod this morning from Morrison I've just come to cook it and there's a bloody worm about 3cm long moving around. It has put me right off fish now ill try and get a photo to see if anyone knows what it is. Has anyone experienced the same thing.

The fish must have been fresh and not frozen:lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Cod, along with lots of other species of fish may contain marine parasites, I'm pretty sure they will not survive inside you even if you ate the infected fish raw.
Normal cooking will kill them quite easily, failing that, wave it at a trick or treater :thumbsup:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Thats frankly rank. Take it back to Morrisons (tupperware it overnight til tomorrow) and sue em. Then start shopping at a proper shop like Waitrose :blush:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Sep 1, 2010
I have just had some battered cod for dinner tonight from Morrisons too, that has put me off the 2nd piece for tomorrow

Bert365

May 7, 2006
Here a pic tell me that wouldnt put you off sorry about the size dont know how to change them

Attachments

• IMAG0253.jpg
    IMAG0253.jpg
    783.3 KB · Views: 530
  • IMAG0254.jpg
    IMAG0254.jpg
    995.5 KB · Views: 523

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Happened to me once and did put me off for a bit. It was in some cod I bought at Tescos. I got a refund and an apology and a letter explaining that if I'd cooked it and eaten it it wouldn't have caused any problems, but they understood why I took it back etc, etc.

Its just nature innit?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Best before 2nd November.

You'd better eat the worm quickly then.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I had worms when i was a kid. If i had been bought by a flaccid and barren couple and my packaging hadn't made it clear that i was a carrier with some itchy turd-action, then i'd have understood if they returned me.

I'd like to say that your misfortune is another thumbs up for vegetarianism, but worms get found in all sorts of place and not just in the guts of floating corpses.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Quite normal at this time of year. Completely harmless and probably as nourishing as the fish.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What a bunch of girly ladyboys on here !

You lot had better think twice before eating farmed Salmon then.

Because they are tightly packed and reared in "tanks " formed by a cube of nets in sea lochs, Parasites abound, luckily, these can be got rid of by rinsing the live Salmon in pesticides regularly. A similar regime using a fungicide will prevent fungal infections which can spread like wildfire in closely caged fish.

Oh, forgot to add, a wild Salmons flesh is pink due to the adult fish feeding almost exclusively on Krill which has a natural pink coloration. Farmed Salmon never sees a Krill so in order to get the "natural ", pink looking Salmon fillets, the pelleted food they are given contains a pink dye.

Now, lets have another look at that Cod shall we ?:lolol:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
That's revolting. I don't care how "harmless" the worm is, the fact is it's wriggling about in your dinner and Morrisons owe you an apology and a refund. If they ever want you to shop there again they are also going to need to do some serious arselicking

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Years back had an Icelandic girl friend - remember her saying the Icelandics didnt eat cod because of the worms - Sold them to us Brits and ate Haddock instead

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Cod is a bottom feeder (they forage on the sea floor for food) so its not surprising to find worms etc when they are gutted.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Soak your fillet in fresh water, that gets 'em out. :fishing:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports