Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] World's Hardest Creature XII - Quarter Final - Match 4 - Seagull v Honey Badger

Who's the hardest?

• Seagull

Votes: 49 53.8%
  • Honey Badger

Votes: 42 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Is there a precedent for what happens in the event of a tie?

Z0SLTCB.jpg

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Six hours to go. Final bounce and WHAT a match this is. The Seagull looked to have this covered going into the small hours but the Honey Badger is showing the tenacity it's become famous for in recent years. Can it mount a come back or does the Seagull have what it takes to keep it at bay?

The result will depend entirely on how many bogus accounts are mobilised to support a bloody bird.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Sooooo close. The Seagull is holding off one of the tournament favourites in an amazing display.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
...and the Seagull comes slamming back. The safari brawler is taking a lesson in street fighting from the definitive angry bird.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Should the HB lose, is anyone else expecting to see mass rallies and protest marches through the streets of London, calls for the result to be ignored and that the HB be declared the rightful winner?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
8 minutes to go. The badger is going down. This will send shock waves through the tournament.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
We have a winner and in the end the Seagull makes it look easy. The first real shock of the tournament as the Honey Badger cannot even make the semi.

Year of the Seagull?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
STEWARDS ENQUIRY? CONTROVERSY!!

How can a species that does not exist participate in the competition?

There is no such creature as a "Seagull"! That is a colloquial name used for a number of different gull species. The bird we are referring to is the European Herring Gull. There is no taxonomy classification or scientific name for a "Seagull".

If we are allowing invented creatures that do not scientifically exist to participate it undermines the entire credibility of the competition.

The "Seagull" MUST be disqualified from the competition and the glorious march of the hardest ******* on earth, the Honey Badger must be allowed to continue.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Personally, I'm just worried about the correlation between the Honey Badger and the Albion's performance. The year we went up the Honey Badger was champion. Semi finals for the HB = 15th place for BHAFC.

Quarter final exit for the Honey Badger? Gulp! :(

One can only hope that will be good enough for 17th place and that the Honey Badger must NEVER be allowed to exit in the second round.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Holy ****.
I thought the SWC gettin knocked out in the second round was the upset of the tournament but at least he got beaten by a former champion.

The honey badger crashing out to a seagull?! I never thought I'd see the day.

Has there ever been a WHC tournament without at least one of the HB or SWC in the semi finals? (calling [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION])

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Holy ****.
I thought the SWC gettin knocked out in the second round was the upset of the tournament but at least he got beaten by a former champion.

The honey badger crashing out to a seagull?! I never thought I'd see the day.

Has there ever been a WHC tournament without at least one of the HB or SWC in the semi finals? (calling [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION])

2007 - Croc only
2009 - Croc only
2010 - Both (HB beat SWC 61-51)
2011 - Both (HB beat SWC 45-42)
2012 - Both (Separate sides - neither progressed)
2013 - Both (SWC beat HB 81-77)
2014 - Both (HB beat SWC 62-56)
2015 - Both (SWC beat HB 93-72)
2016 - Croc only
2017 - Both (Seperate sides - HB progressed)
2018 - HB only

So yeah - this is the first time this has happened.

Anything goes this year it seems.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
2007 - Croc only
2009 - Croc only
2010 - Both (HB beat SWC 61-51)
2011 - Both (HB beat SWC 45-42)
2012 - Both (Separate sides - neither progressed)
2013 - Both (SWC beat HB 81-77)
2014 - Both (HB beat SWC 62-56)
2015 - Both (SWC beat HB 93-72)
2016 - Croc only
2017 - Both (Seperate sides - HB progressed)
2018 - HB only

So yeah - this is the first time this has happened.

Anything goes this year it seems.

So eighteen of the previous 44 semi final spots have been taken by the HB and SWC. That's an impressive achievement and just highlights the scale of the shock that both are out. I'm not sure everyone appreciates the magnitude of what has happened...

As it is I hope we get a first time winner. That would give us eight champions paving the way for WHC: Battle of the Champions. I'd LOVE that to be next years edition.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The mad thing is this is the biggest triumph the seagulls have seen all season

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
There is no such creature as a "SEAGULL"!!

Its like the HB getting beaten by Pingu or ScoobyDoo.

The credibility of the entire competition is at stake here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here