World's Hardest Creature X: Group A

Who is hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Witnessed a soldier scream like a girl and collapse like Zaha when stung by a Tarantula Hawk!
hws.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This group is a farce. The Orca is losing to a bat and a penguin. AKILLER WHALE is losing to a penguin, let that sink in.

A captive Orca killed 3 of its trainers. How many people have been killed be penguins? I could quite easily kick a penguin to death, and the bat wouldn't survive more than 2 or 3 hits with a tennis racket, but the whale kills people. FFS.

:facepalm:

Every. Year.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Right. Time for you all to have a long careful think about how you define 'hard'

For the unimaginative/dim/dull amongst you, it's going to be the most obvious 'who would win in a straight fight'. This is so obviously wrong i shouldn't even have to say it, but anyway, if that's the simplistic way you choose to view the world then get on with it and vote for the Hippo. Or the Orca. Whatever.

Then there will be those that view hardness in more traditional WHC terms of 'pound for pound' agression, nastiness and general propensity to fight anything and everything, no matter what the odds. If this is your bag then do what you have to do in this group...but you should really be getting yourself ready for when the weasel pops it's evil little face into group C. Or D because frankly, on these terms nothing else gets close.

Then we have another way to perceive hardness that I think emerged last year with the phylum Tardigrade. Basically the ability to endure. Whether extreme heat, cold or the vacuuim of outer space. Just to endure. I think this is a dull way of thinking and essentially leaves you with a cockroach vs tardigrade final. And who wants that?

Finally, and this is where it gets proper interesting, we have the idea of hardness as not being about aggression or weaponry. But about a proactive distain for danger. A willingness to put oneself in the face of danger for others and to take whatever risks are erquired in the line of duty. And to do it again an again. no matter what the consequences. This is hard. This is Chinstrap penguin. Vote now.

chinstrap 1.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Right. Time for you all to have a long careful think about how you define 'hard'

For the unimaginative/dim/dull amongst you, it's going to be the most obvious 'who would win in a straight fight'. This is so obviously wrong i shouldn't even have to say it, but anyway, if that's the simplistic way you choose to view the world then get on with it and vote for the Hippo. Or the Orca. Whatever.

Then there will be those that view hardness in more traditional WHC terms of 'pound for pound' agression, nastiness and general propensity to fight anything and everything, no matter what the odds. If this is your bag then do what you have to do in this group...but you should really be getting yourself ready for when the weasel pops it's evil little face into group C. Or D because frankly, on these terms nothing else gets close.

Then we have another way to perceive hardness that I think emerged last year with the phylum Tardigrade. Basically the ability to endure. Whether extreme heat, cold or the vacuuim of outer space. Just to endure. I think this is a dull way of thinking and essentially leaves you with a cockroach vs tardigrade final. And who wants that?

Finally, and this is where it gets proper interesting, we have the idea of hardness as not being about aggression or weaponry. But about a proactive distain for danger. A willingness to put oneself in the face of danger for others and to take whatever risks are erquired in the line of duty. And to do it again an again. no matter what the consequences. This is hard. This is Chinstrap penguin. Vote now.

This guy gets it. People who define hard as who would win in a fight totally miss the entire BEAUTY of this competition. It's about personality, and being able to successfully MARKET that personality.

Oct 25, 2003
pingu gets my vote. Risks his life day in day out just to feed its kids. Gets thrown around by big as **** waves into full on rocks. Flailing around like nobodies business and probably evading all sorts of predators in the process. The sight of him covered in blood, with broken legs with a bit of fish for his chick really pulls at the heartstrings but do you know what? he's not one to complain and he's got to get on with it and go through the same hell the next day. A real 'mans man' who will do anything for his kids.

Oct 25, 2003
I probably liken the penguin to an old school miner or even more apt, a deep sea fisherman. They know the work is dangerous, they know they're next shift could well be their last, they're working their arses off for pittance but at the end of the day their options are limited and they simply gotta do what they gotta do to put food on the table for their family. They don't complain, they just simply get out there, 7 days a week, rain or shine and do an honest days work

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I can't help but think that the head mental Bulldog Ant has not had a fair write up.

Unlike the wasp that feels he has to be named after something else this guy has named himself correctly, he is an ant with the nutter side of a bulldog.

Yes he has a painful sting but he doesn't just sting and run. He keeps going just like anyone riddled with little man syndrome. He has even chased someone on this very forum and then swum after them.

This guy doesn't set out to kill, just to have a good old fight, yet has killed at least three humans in the last hundred years. He loves a fight and doesn't give up when he is in one.

It's a bad group for him, but vote Bulldog Ant. Look at him, just look at him LOOK AT HIM he is mental

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

View attachment 81439

Well argued. Gets my vote.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
pingu gets my vote. Risks his life day in day out just to feed its kids. Gets thrown around by big as **** waves into full on rocks. Flailing around like nobodies business and probably evading all sorts of predators in the process. The sight of him covered in blood, with broken legs with a bit of fish for his chick really pulls at the heartstrings but do you know what? he's not one to complain and he's got to get on with it and go through the same hell the next day. A real 'mans man' who will do anything for his kids.

That's not hard. It's survival and the refusal to move somewhere nicer because it doesn't have the transport links.

Hard is getting into fights and keeping on going because you can. It's adapting so much that you don't have to go through all of that to get food for your kids

Pingu is a fool that gets battered constantly and thinks he is a good guy. He isn't, he is pathetic and the runt of this group

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Tarantula Hawk - liar. Not at tarantula or a hawk. Stupid wing colour

Devil - had a fun kids cartoon made after him - ruins his street cred

Goshawk - Gosh a hawk? Middle class wannabe that picks on the little man

Orca - yawn

Bulldog Ant - head case mental. Owner of a world record to show how mental he is. Got the smallest write up because Gary Nelsons Left Foot is still livid that he lost his right foot to one

Honey Badger - stupid hair

Hippo - in the words of David Brent (or Ricky Gervais acting as David Brent for the pedants) 'just a fat bloke'

Desert Long Eared Bat - looks like Prince Charles

Komodo Dragon - granted he is mental. But he eats his own kids - that's not hard.

Penguin - pathetic and just wants a hug.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I probably liken the penguin to an old school miner or even more apt, a deep sea fisherman. They know the work is dangerous, they know they're next shift could well be their last, they're working their arses off for pittance but at the end of the day their options are limited and they simply gotta do what they gotta do to put food on the table for their family. They don't complain, they just simply get out there, 7 days a week, rain or shine and do an honest days work

Exactly this. IF the miner or fisherman was doing the mining or fishing in enormous great waves breaking directly onto huge jagged rocks.

And as you watch the video below remember that a) they are going through all this to get a meal for their kids and b) this action takes place in between walking for miles over freezing rocky terrain and swimming for miles through walrus and shark infested seas.

No fighting no posturing, no showing off.
Just super hard little *******s plugging away at life in one of the toughest environments on earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfmqBJ1c_TQ

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You can tell by the fact that the first two posts are from mods that we intend to ensure that any accusations of skullduggery in this year's competition are appropriately dealt with.

Hmmm - like last time?

Team Peoples Champion

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Honey Badger: you don't win anything with a soppy name AND a Donald Trump syrup. Vote HIPPO!

It's an understated and ruthless beast,even Lion's and Croc's give it a wide berth.....another vote for the hippo..

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Another person who doesn't understand what it takes for a creature to be considered hard.

Using your logic, the Desert Long Eared Bat gets stung on the head several times every night from a scorpian which would kill you if you was to suffer the same attack.

Being hard isn't just being the biggest.

It's not just the size, Orcas attack everything in the sea and can be highly aggressive. Even if an Orca was smaller than a human they'd probably attack us because they're mental.The fact they're smart makes them even harder for me. Brains and brawn is a winning combination.

FWIW, I'm team Honey Badger but I feel the Killer Whale is being hard done by here.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
If a Honey Badger was in the sea then I'm sure an Orca would eat it up like a hors d'oeuvre. On land it'll be ****ed. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong and missing the point but as most of these are land animals, it makes sense (if it were a Celebrity Death Match style fight) to do it on land. Honey Badger will win it for me.
There is a video of a Tasmanian Devil being cute and cuddly, ****ing pussy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here