Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Worlds Hardest Creature VIII: Second round GAME FIVE***

Who's hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I was a fan of both, and happy to see that final, but my sentimental side wanted to see the ultimate underdog, the people's champion the HB win it.

How in gods name can you keep calling the Honey Badger the peoples Champion, when the majority of "The People" vote for something else....................., Every Year?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Mantis Shrimp is aggressive little bugger that hits so hard it creates a shockwave that is powerful enough to kill you. It deals death twice with one hit. The actual hit plus the shockwave. And it creates intense heat and light with the power of said hit. How is hitting something so hard that it creates a death shockwave along with intense heat and light not hard?!

There are 45 minutes to turn this tie around...

Intense heat and light? From the wiki: "both the light and high temperatures are too weak and short-lived to be detected without advanced scientific equipment". Thats all spin.

Further reading shows the shockwave effect if limited to the 'smashers' - smashers use this ability to attack snails, crabs, molluscs and rock oysters. Preying largely on immobile shells with no offensive capabilities is not hard. Taking on a crab is just enough for it not to be laughed out of WHC.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Its looking like the mantis shrimp is becoming the Keith Deller of the WHC; One outstanding year then mediocrity.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How in gods name can you keep calling the Honey Badger the peoples Champion, when the majority of "The People" vote for something else....................., Every Year?

You realise duplicate accounts don't count as separate people, right?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Impressive? Yes
Cool? Undoubtedly.

Hard? ......meh. Otherwise you come back to humans being hard because of nuclear bombs, being able to obliterate entire cities in a second. Boring.

I disagree. The mantis shrimps strength is purely self generated. It hasn't used anything outside of itself to create it. Any and every Mantis Shrimp can and does create the hit that kills along with the death dealing shock wave. Very few humans can make a nuclear bomb. And they certainly can't do it alone at a moments notice.

I think a better comparison is between prime Mike Tyson and a journeyman boxer. Who's harder? In my opinion its clearly Tyson. The journeyman might be brave going in the ring with Tyson but it doesn't make him harder.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
5 votes, this one is going right down to the wire.

Don't think either of these are properly HARD, but definitely the most interesting battle of this round.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
115 votes cast so far. I think 120 is the most in any round so far. Mantis Shrimp needs first time voters here.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's easy to get emotional about this one and go with the heart alone.

That said, it's weakness must be its inability to have actually registered much on the consciousness until last year. Whereas Seagulls have the courage to come out and have a go at pi$$ing off much larger prey like ourselves.

I'll also never forget the seagulls dive bombing the eagle at Selhurst a few years back.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Well, there it is. The first seismic shock of WHC VIII as the reigning champion goes down 56-62 to the unfancied Seagull. The Seagull, already in uncharted depths by being in the knock outs now finds itself just two wins away from the Animal Dome and three wins from immortality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here