Still in the bag
2 - Wolverine
4 - Saltwater Crocodile
5 - Seagull
6 - Orca

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Number 7...the Grasshopper Mouse.

This is the Grasshoppers second successive appearance in the quarter finals after bowing out at this stage last year. That was his debut WHC campaign though so we will have to wait to see what he's learnt from that experience. He's got a very tough match up but he's fearless and will no doubt go into the contest all guns blazing.

What a bullshit draw, Many are fans of both and will split loyalties. it will be a cracker, however I think we will see too many plastic WHC fans vote for the Badger. Hopefully the Mouse's support will ralley around and produce an unbeatable marketing campagin.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
That leaves Seagull and Wolverine to contest tie number 4.

This will be Seagulls first ever appearance in the last eight. He'll back himself to do well, having seen off the reigning champion in the second round.

The Wolverine has been here before but not for a long time. He's shown up well this tournament having topped Group A and then seen off the mongoose in the second round. He'll fancy his chances of progressing too.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Saltwater Crocodile vs Orca - Two beasts fighting in the wet. Again incredibly tough to call. Orcas size could count against it. The croc's longevity may impress the Tardigrade brigade, its weakness may be that the Saltwater crocodile doesnt tend to mess with other genuinely threatening animals, while the Orca fanboys will point to its Great White slaying, even if thats only an isolated pod of orca nutjobs.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What a bullshit draw, Many are fans of both and will split loyalties. it will be a cracker, however I think we will see too many plastic WHC fans vote for the Badger. Hopefully the Mouse's support will ralley around and produce an unbeatable marketing campagin.

Very disappointing for the Mouse which could easily have made the semis or even the final given a more favourable draw.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm beginning to think that just maybe you were given a cuddly Honey Badger stuffed toy as a child, and it still takes pride of place on your bed.

No chance. It would rip my face off while I slept. Still waiting to hear what Orcas do that is hard...

I've also shown my support and admiration for a HUGE number of different creatures over the years (Black Mamba, Shrew, Tazmanian Devil, Hippo, Wolverine, Mantis Shrimp etc) so to suggest I'm a one creature only man would not be entirely accurate.

The mega massive creatures like sharks are overrated, and people are slowly learning this, it would appear by the voting patterns over the past few years.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Wolverine vs Seagull should be no contest, but many voters will have stared into a seagulls eyes and shuddered, while few will have ever encountered a Wolverine in the flesh. That plus the BHA attachment could see the seagull sneak through again.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Full list of quarter final ties:

1) Hippo Vs Tasmanian Devil

2)Honey Badger Vs Grasshopper Mouse

3)Saltwater Crocodile Vs Orca

4)Seagull Vs Wolverine

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
A quick round of applause for those that have fallen in the second round

Tabby Cat Mongoose Cassowary Blue Ringed Octopus Mantis Shrimp Black Mamba Komodo Dragon Tardigrade

we will remember them

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
A quick round of applause for those that have fallen in the second round

Tabby Cat Mongoose Cassowary Blue Ringed Octopus Mantis Shrimp Black Mamba Komodo Dragon Tardigrade

we will remember them

A microscopic-tabby-black-and-blue-ringed-komodo-casso-octo-mantis-goose. Hard as Nails!! My nomination for next year!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here