• Rhino

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Aw, yeah! Here we go. I am unapologetically team Honey Badger, although torn to find it in the same heat as the rhino.

In the unlikely event that you have a spare 53 minutes, I leave you this documentary establishing the honey badgers HARD credentials...

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
i could easily shoot rohan ince in the face and he'd be dead....however in a man on man fist fight he'd destroy me....which one of us is harder?

this isn't the worlds CLEVEREST creature competition....intelligence is intelligence and hardness is hardness

Depends how you define hardness of course but humans are virtually unbeatable owing to our intelligence. What's that, you're going to attack me with your claws and teeth? Boom, I just pumped you fulla 18 rounds of Uzi. We may be land-dwelling creatures but even in the arena of the skies or water we have the ability to use planes and boats to kill and destroy. We can even TALK our way out of trouble.

Just seems a bit of a mis-match to me when this is meant to be a competition where the entrants are relying on raw guile and wits alone, along with the arsenal or defences that nature provided them with... unless we're meant to be considering unarmed/naked humans?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The dragon and hornet are both absolute twunts so it has to be one of those. I'll go hornet, as I think it needs to be involved. Like the sharks, the dragon rarely impresses on here so feels like a wasted vote.

The honey badger looks cuter and cuter with every passing year. Which reminds me, did it's near relative, the domestic cat squeeze through yesterday?

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Yes the Hornet is horrible to honey bee's. However those little bees have worked out how to defeat them. Simply the bees cook the hornet by fanning their tiny wings. As the bees can stand higher temperatures than the hornet. That will teach the bully hornet

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Absolute respect to GN'LF for another award winning thread: brilliantly penned sir-hopefully you're doing something writing related in Japan such as a journo for the Asahi newspaper/Japan Times or similar.

I tip my (1995 edition) Yokohama Baystars cap to you. Awesome work.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Australian Jellyfish - 2 votes.
Seagull - 8 votes.

Words fail me

Quite. Never mind pound for pound, even at actual size I'm sure either a Jellyfish or a Japanese Giant Hornet would take out a Seagull in a fight.

Maybe there's a side competition for the comedy winner of each group - Tabby Cat, Seagull...

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
At last, the winner to be emerges from the wings to make his dramatic first round entrance - welcome oh Honey Badger........now, where's that bloody shrimp??

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
#VOTEHORNET

That thing is a bad ass

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Which reminds me, did it's near relative, the domestic cat squeeze through yesterday?

Was in third place last time I checked, still time to run on the poll. Any creature finishing below the tabby should be banned from next year's competition.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The honey badger? I don't think I've excessively bigged him up. I've given a fair account of what he's about-I've even pointed out that one of its big selling points in the later rounds(i.e its emasculation of opponents) is a myth. It has enough fanboys that it will cruise through the group. That's not bigging it up, just reflecting fact.

Perhaps Hillian1 wants to take on the job of setting this up next time?

Ignore the complaints and thanks for doing this. Arduous for you but fun for all except a few:(

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Was in third place last time I checked, still time to run on the poll. Any creature finishing below the tabby should be banned from next year's competition.

So should the nominator and seconder!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Surprised to see the Hippo struggling so much. It's got everything you need to succeed. Strength, power and raw, unrestrained aggression. It has no need to have fights-it has no predtors, it doesn't eat meat so no one to fight over food-yet it will wantonly attack anyone and anything. It attacks passing boats for fun! Nothing messes with it. Yet it's only just sneaking into fourth place at the moment. Come on NSC don't let something so strong and needlessly, joyously aggressive go out in the group stages.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Surprised to see the Hippo struggling so much. It's got everything you need to succeed. Strength, power and raw, unrestrained aggression. It has no need to have fights-it has no predtors, it doesn't eat meat so no one to fight over food-yet it will wantonly attack anyone and anything. It attacks passing boats for fun! Nothing messes with it. Yet it's only just sneaking into fourth place at the moment. Come on NSC don't let something so strong and needlessly, joyously aggressive go out in the group stages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here