Who is hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I ruddy LOVE the Grasshopper Mouse. Did well last year, hopefully it will continue.

May 14, 2015
the only thing left to say is really, is there an animal out there harder than the sea horse? i think not.

Despite only looking like a small harmless sea-mongerer, the sea horse is actually harder than one might imagine. The Sea Horse faces constant struggles, it often has to wrap itself onto weeds to stop the current from sweeping it away. Does it evolve and move to the land like the mere human? Absolutely not. Its a warrior.It battles through the hard times just for the fun of the fight. For this reason anybody voting for a human instead of a seahorse needs their heads checked.

Is anyone really going to try and tell me a mouse is harder than the mighty seahorse? The fact that it lives in the sea, (with sharks may i add), makes it a stronger candidate than any of the land dwelling creatures it faces.

At the end of the day the waves are crashing, the shrimp are being eaten, and the revolution is starting. If you give the seahorse a chance, just one, who knows how it might surprise you in the later rounds? Vote it into the top 4 and watch it sail its way into the final with the hardness and elegance of Lewis Dunk.

#vivelesearhorse

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Anyone voting in this competition really does need to realise what HARD means. In 2007, thousands of tardigrades were attached to a satellite and blasted into space. After the satellite had returned to Earth, scientists examined them and found that many of them had survived. Some of the females had even laid eggs in space, and the newly-hatched young were healthy.

They have been discovered 5546m (18,196ft) up a mountain in the Himalayas, in Japanese hot springs, at the bottom of the ocean and in Antarctica. They can withstand huge amounts of radiation, being heated to 150 °C, and being frozen almost to absolute zero. Earlier this year, scientists successfully revived a tardigrade that had been frozen solid for more than three decades—a new record for this durable species.

Tardigrades are an ancient species that diverged from ancestral animals back in the pre-Cambrian period (600 million years ago). One of the most resilient tardigrade species on the planet is Ramazzottius Varieornatus.

GO TEAM RAMAZZ!!!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Anyone voting in this competition really does need to realise what HARD means. In 2007, thousands of tardigrades were attached to a satellite and blasted into space. After the satellite had returned to Earth, scientists examined them and found that many of them had survived. Some of the females had even laid eggs in space, and the newly-hatched young were healthy.

They have been discovered 5546m (18,196ft) up a mountain in the Himalayas, in Japanese hot springs, at the bottom of the ocean and in Antarctica. They can withstand huge amounts of radiation, being heated to 150 °C, and being frozen almost to absolute zero. Earlier this year, scientists successfully revived a tardigrade that had been frozen solid for more than three decades—a new record for this durable species.

Tardigrades are an ancient species that diverged from ancestral animals back in the pre-Cambrian period (600 million years ago). One of the most resilient tardigrade species on the planet is Ramazzottius Varieornatus.

GO TEAM RAMAZZ!!!

In WHC Top Trumps it would clearly beat any competitor for HARDINESS. The trouble is, it falls down in all the other categories. It's not going to pick a fight with anyone is it?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Definitely human, can kill all of these other animals just with the tools he has invented with his extraordinary brain. End of this group, End of tournament!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I want to have a serious chat with anyone voting human here

A very serious chat indeed

Fortunately you can, because we invented a way to communicate without ever meeting, unlike all of the other "not so hard" animals.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
That Malayan Bear doesn't even look like a proper bear. He doesn't look hairy enough for my tastes. Still, I am drawn to it. Despite the rather shit showing against those tigers.

Either the Bear or the Mantis Shrimp, I love the fact that the shrimp can see in supercolour vision, that has to be an advantage somehow.

Seahorse though? SEA HORSE? It's not even a horse, it's stupid. The man one has to carry the eggs everywhere. It's just stupid.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The Mantis Shrimp is very much the Leicester City of WHC. One surprise title, followed by years of not even getting close.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
mantisshrimp_infographic_final.jpg

Go SHRIMP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here