Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World War 3 watch.....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The questions are will Putin stop where he is? At the Dnieper? Into Moldova? At the Polish or Romanian border?

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
This is hilarious, and really illustrates how ill informed you are. Both those nations, those paragons of virtue, fair play and human rights, exist in their current economic state, solely because they export to the west. We are their market, their lifeblood and without our custom their economies will flow smoothly down the pan. Of course, that would mean our own prices will increase almost certainly,.... but China and Russia have very small internal markets, they need us to survive.

It is the very fact that the west buys from them that gives them their power.

So, the one drug dealer in the town has all the power, or as you think, the addcited consumers have the power? The dealer needs the buyers for sure, but still holds the power.

Both are looking to get out of the "petrodollar," and both are aligned on Syria and Ukraine.

wow, i think it is you who is ill informed.

http://www.financialsense.com/contributors/john-rubino/china-russia-end-petrodollar

http://dollarcollapse.com/dollar-5/china-russia-and-the-end-of-the-petrodollar/

https://www.munknee.com/russia-chin...oarding-of-gold-their-first-step-in-doing-so/

(sorry no bbc links.)

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It is the very fact that the west buys from them that gives them their power.

So, the one drug dealer in the town has all the power, or as you think, the addcited consumers have the power? The dealer needs the buyers for sure, but still holds the power.

Both are looking to get out of the "petrodollar," and both are aligned on Syria and Ukraine.
Nope, the West has a number of places it can buy from,.... Russia will struggle to find a new market to sell that much oil and gas, at those inflated european prices,.....Africa and SE Asia isnt going to pick up the slack, is it? With China of course, we have many other places across the globe to buy our clothes and electronic goods.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ukraine gave up the nuclear weapons it had on the understanding that their borders would be afforded protection, (at the time only the US and Russia had more Nukes than the Ukraine) one of the countries that was party to that agreement was Russia, Britain and the US were the others. The US and This puts Britain and the US in the position of having to get involved and we have to pick a side, whether we like it or not.
The big problem is this referendum, self determination is supported by the US and Britain in other places, and if the Crimea had voted for independance from the Ukraine it would possibly have had support, but voting to become part of a different country, after troops of that country have set up shop there, is a bit different.
The thought of going to war with Russia to restore the Crimea to the Ukraine, when the population of the Crimea has voted to be Russian, is nuts though. But the Ukraine must not be allowed to go unsupported by the US and Britain, and Russia cannot be seen to be to getting away with it either, this will rumble on for a long time yet.
I think there will be scuffles but no war.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I have no idea what you are trying to say here,..... who/what/why/when?....... what is the relevance to this point we are debating?

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
reminds me of a immortal line in a Not the Nine O'clock News sketch ' I believe in the life ever-lasting, that is, if the bloody Russians don't invade Poland!'

One for the forty+ crowd.

You know, like electricity..... sort of thing

The world's about to end, and I'm happiest quoting 30 year old comedy sketches

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
You know, like electricity..... sort of thing

The world's about to end, and I'm happiest quoting 30 year old comedy sketches

It's not as if any of us on her can do a damn thing about it is there? I'm all up for a bit of levity in this particular matter.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
"Will you please stop mentioning the war!"
"You started it"
"No I didn't"
"Yes you did, you invaded Poland"

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
We have many other places across the globe to buy our clothes and electronic goods.

But it's not like lots of other countries have the manifacturing capabilties of China....at their prices.

Where else is EU going to get its gas from? Fracking the land to bits with chemicals seems to be their only other option, and its super toxic and unsafe.

The petrodollar is something Russia and China are aligned on - they both want out.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
But it's not like lots of other countries have the manifacturing capabilties of China....at their prices.

Where else is EU going to get its gas from? Fracking the land to bits with chemicals seems to be their only other option, and its super toxic and unsafe.

The petrodollar is something Russia and China are aligned on - they both want out.

1) SE ASia, the Sub Continent and now Brazil are brimming with manufacturing capability,..... prices may flex, but at the end of the day, we can cut back on our spending, China, and Russia NEED the income, if we dont spend, they dont earn..... simple economics.

2) Oil and Gas can be bought from many other sources other than Russia,.......... the Middle east, South and North America.... its a buyers market at the end of the day, we can change our spending and energy strategy, Russia NEEDS the income to survive.

3) I know little about the petrodollar and the implications of Russia and China opting out,... for that, I will have a read at some point.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
So THAT was the odd looking thing I picked up in Clinton's Cards. I thought it was wishing someone happy birthday in binary. *blows up world*

Clinton Cards is closer to our way of launching nukes which is if the subs can't contact the UK and other major indicators that the UK is no more (like Radio 4 not broadcasting) are met, the captain opens up a letter that gives him his instructions...which could have been written years ago when the PM first takes office.

"Dear Captain,

Sorry all your family, friends and the entire country is dead.

Please fire your nukes against Paris.

Big thanks,

Dave"

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
1)
3) I know little about the petrodollar and the implications of Russia and China opting out,... for that, I will have a read at some point.

It's just a word that describes a US dollar earned by the sale of petroleum or similar. If you google it the second pre defined option in the drop down is 'petrodollar conspiracy'. Surprise surprise.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Relax,.....Russia needs to sell its gas and oil, the EU is its biggest customer,.... they wont jeopardize that for the sake of a few more gas fields that just happen to be in north eastern Ukraine,.....

Thats what they thought about the first world war and Germany.

One itchy trigger and it all kicks off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here