Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] World Darts Championship

Pickles

May 5, 2014
That MVG v Rob Cross game reminds me so much of the black ball snooker final in 1985.

Absolute joy and heartache within seconds of each other.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Possibly the best game of darts I've seen in years. The booing of MVG was classless and his reaction at losing was sheer class. Well done Mr Cross.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Pickles

May 5, 2014
If MVG goes out early, then it's wide open ( no shit, sherlock )

Personally, I'm on Rob Cross @ 16/1 for my annual £2.50 ew.

Bouncey x

Yoda

English & European
Possibly the best game of darts I've seen in years. The booing of MVG was classless and his reaction at losing was sheer class. Well done Mr Cross.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately no different to what Cross had to endure against van den Bergh yesterday. Some real pillocks at the darts this year. :(

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Best darts semi final I've ever seen, it had everything.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Can Taylor be 17th times world champion at age 57 ?

he never even gets a mention on sports personality of the year!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I genuinely think MVG was affected by the booing as he threw for the match. I don't think Cross will get such a helping hand from the crowd when he plays Taylor either.

Now he is world No. 6 Cross is guaranteed to be in the Premier League, it's just a shame it isn't at Brighton this year otherwise we could have had Sussex By The Sea sung for the Hastings man.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
But no nine dart finish!

Fair enough! Sudden death finish, world record for 180s in a semi, both men with multiple darts to win it. MVG must have thought he was playing himself - a pumped, chunky, bald opponent roared on by the crowd.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Can Taylor be 17th times world champion at age 57 ?

he never even gets a mention on sports personality of the year!

Taylor HAS to get the lifetime achievement award in 2018.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I genuinely think MVG was affected by the booing as he threw for the match. I don't think Cross will get such a helping hand from the crowd when he plays Taylor either.

Now he is world No. 6 Cross is guaranteed to be in the Premier League, it's just a shame it isn't at Brighton this year otherwise we could have had Sussex By The Sea sung for the Hastings man.

It's exceptional that Rob Cross was doing his electrical day job only 18 months ago for his living.

It really is a fantastic tale, and it will continue. The guy is brilliant.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
This Year? hmmm

This booing crap, en mass, seems to have crept in the last two to three years.

I used to go up there with my boy and it was never like that, it was just a well controlled drink fest of watered down lager, along with loads of fun and appreciation for the players.

Still, never mind, the BDO is starting soon, at such a mellow pace........

......Thud, Thud, Thud, 22 scored......

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Taylor HAS to get the lifetime achievement award in 2018.

I hope so much that he finishes his last ever tournament as world champion. Thankfully both players have got a day's rest to recover emotionally and physically. Will the occasion get to Rob Cross? I hope so. He's got plenty of time to win the big one. I'm sure now that Taylor will have his emotional last speech in his pocket for when he's interviewed afterwards. I might just shed a tear for the world's greatest competitor that sport has ever known.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's exceptional that Rob Cross was doing his electrical day job only 18 months ago for his living.

It really is a fantastic tale, and it will continue. The guy is brilliant.

Not sure if I put it on here but I know a fair bit about darts & the first time I saw Rob Cross play I was chalking his match at the Eastbourne open only 2 or 3 years ago maybe. I remember thinking what an easy match it was to chalk and saying to my mate what a good player he was. Next thing he’s on TV a month or two later at the UK Open. And I’ve never seen an unknown burst into the scene like he has the last year or so.

As for the booing - the football fan mentality of PDC crowds shines through again - wankers, all of them who booed or whistled. I’m off to Lakeside next weekend for the first ever time. Sure the darts will be poor in comparison to the PDC I’m used to, but at least there will be a respectful crowd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here