Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup Qualifying

Oct 25, 2003
This.

Looks most likely to be against Uruguay (but could be Chile, Venezuela or Peru):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_(CONMEBOL)#Standings

Uruguay do have a game in hand so could close on Chile for fourth, but three of their four remaining games are against the group's top three teams.

south american qualifying is always mental. Whilst they are in the ridiculous position of having about HALF of their teams qualify...aside from Argentina and Brazil (who obviously aren't in it this time round) the rest of the continent is all pretty much the same, and of quite high quality. So it's always an absolute SCRAMBLE for those last few spaces, with the guarantee that someone pretty decent will miss out.

all this to the backdrop of toilet paper on the pitch, man tears, that noise that south american fans make when their team scores, screaming commentators, old stadiums, mad skils and mental challenges

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
i absolutely LOVE world cup qualifying...i love it when a team qualifies and i can tick off another name until we reach that magical 32....i love it when a 'big' nation messes up...i love it when a ridiculous 'smaller' nations makes a first appearance

I JUST BLOODY LOVE THE WORLD CUP

Bloody right.

All sorts of this...

The theme music, Gary Lineker in a short sleeved shirt, the unexpeected shock, the sweepstake, the COLOUR, the Brazilian and Argentine FILTH in the stands, the press conferences, the time difference, watching England fall to pieces, I love it ALL

Talking my language Matt.

Although you've criminally gone and missed off WALLCHARTS.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
wallcharts are a must, and- despite the fact that i'll be 27- i'm highly tempted to go all out on the STICKER ALBUM front

Fortunately I have a 12 year old son, so i need no excuse to get involved there.

Another World Cup MUST is BETTING. None of your on-line nonsense, either - needs to be a big FORM from the bookies, with all the groups laid out and that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
wallcharts are a must, and- despite the fact that i'll be 27- i'm highly tempted to go all out on the STICKER ALBUM front
You'll need to get yourself a young SON for this sort of reason.

Anyway, half time updates from Asia qualifying:

S Korea 0-0 Iran
Uzbek 0-1 Qatar

Leaving things like this:

Korea Republic 15 +7
Iran 14 + 5
--------------
Uzbekistan 11 0
--------------
Qatar 10 -3
Lebanon 5 -9

That would put both S Korea and Iran through, and Uzbekistan into a play-off against the other 3rd placed Asian team for the right to play the 5th placed South American team for a place in Brazil.

So unless Iran concede, then Uzbekistan need 5 unanswered goals in the second half to PIP Iran for 2nd spot and an automatic Brazil BERTH.

Feast of football going on. :drool:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In fact I had a pile of such forms for the CONFEDERATIONS CUP, so we could have a pop at that. My lads love a little FLUTTER with my money. I'm aware this probably makes me a terrible Dad in some eyes, but hey (it's only a couple of pounds each).

The family bets from that (mostly looking fairly HOPELESS all ready...):

Top scorer FRED £1 @ 10/1
Top scorer CAVANI £1 @ 14/1
Top scorer MATA 25p E/w @ 50/1
Top scorer SILVA 25p E/W @ 66/1

Brazil & Hulk 50p @ 18/1
Uruguay & Suarez 50p @ 66/1
Italy & Balotelli 50p @ 66/1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here